GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick vid from Sunday's pre-event fun for Wilton Classic and Supercar day at Wroughton airfield.

No, he didn't launch as he had a "check engine" light on (!) and yes I did short shift out of 4th and braked well before the cones as it was my first run and had no idea where anything was.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! Was he fully giving it at the start? Very impressive on your part if he was :thumbsup:
No, as I said in the original post, he had a check engine light on and couldn't do a launch, hence tickled it forward then floored it.

And as I also said, it was my first run there so was a bit tentative and short shifted from 4th to 5th and braked before the cones.

But there is no doubt the Veyron would have won by even more if he had been able to launch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
looks like the tt got handed its ass on most occasions? i hate read ups like that, kinda like the writer was dreaming and it was his car..

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would also like to know this David?
I will add them to the original thread.

I don't know if you've seen the current issue of evo, number 186, but we used the photo you took of my car on the steering circle, Belsey!

But despite me including your name, they forgot to credit you, sorry about that. :mad:

Anyway, I'll add some of the rest to the original thread later today if I get the chance.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
tut tut, hand held camera, though you would at least be able to afford a Go-Pro or 2 David !!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will add them to the original thread.

I don't know if you've seen the current issue of evo, number 186, but we used the photo you took of my car on the steering circle, Belsey!

But despite me including your name, they forgot to credit you, sorry about that. :mad:

Anyway, I'll add some of the rest to the original thread later today if I get the chance.
I will get myself down to wh smiths and pick up a copy then David. It will give me something to read when I am fishing at the weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tut tut, hand held camera, though you would at least be able to afford a Go-Pro or 2 David !!!!
How do you manage to unfailingly miss the point, every single time Steve? :bowdown1:

I've got GoPros and numerous other video and still cameras, but my passenger took this one and it was the best for keeping the Veyron in shot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts