GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently bought a 2012 GTR.

Even on 35% - 45% braking, I have to fight a little with the steering wheel. Is this normal? Or should it brake with no movement at all?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Do you mean on a smooth flat road surface? Obviously on poor rutted roads it will tramline the ruts and the camber, and try to throw you into the nearside ditch, that's normal :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do you mean on a smooth flat road surface? Obviously on poor rutted roads it will tramline the ruts and the camber, and try to throw you into the nearside ditch, that's normal :)
Surely that can be dialed out? My other car did this and i took it to centre gravity and it was perfect afterwards. Cost a fair bit, but transformed the car.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Surely that can be dialed out? My other car did this and i took it to centre gravity and it was perfect afterwards. Cost a fair bit, but transformed the car.
Most owners change to non runflats to cure tramlining, but I actually like the tramlining.

From MY15 onwards Nissan cured it 95%, but it's less fun now, too tame.

·
R35 Section manager
10,889 Posts
Most owners change to non runflats to cure tramlining, but I actually like the tramlining.

From MY15 onwards Nissan cured it 95%, but it's less fun now, too tame.
I think tramlining is better than bounce on mpss.

The new runflats are supposed to be better?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Yeah the new Dunlop RF's are supposed to help with tramlining, but they come with 6mm tread new which is bad, so I still stick to good old Bridgestones :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
As said above if your driving on uneven roads with run flats it's completely normal I have had to flight with the steering wheel a few times on back B roads :lol:

If it's doing it on the motorways or flat road surfaces then there is something wrong my advice would be to go get a geometry check from a decent garage.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Hi, recently bought a 2012 GTR.

Even on 35% - 45% braking, I have to fight a little with the steering wheel. Is this normal? Or should it brake with no movement at all?
First sensible thing to do if have a decent mechanic take all four wheels off and check the discs and pads.

Are they all the same compound all round?

Are any of the pads damaged or uneven in wear?

Any signs of discs damage?

Any obvious suspension component damage?

And have your geometry checked and check the tyres have not been swapped over at the front side to side.

If you have only recently bought the car then these are prudent checks given you dont know the car's real history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts