5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
you will need 10mm socket set, sharp knife and some guts

taking off the old one, need to remove lining in the boot etc

pull off the circluar painted things under each edge, 10mm nuts

need to replace the sticky stuff, don't forget the nut at the back

a bit of string to help with cables

pull apart carfully as you will reuse the filling

sticky patch's take some removing, used masking tape to protect paint. left the nearside upright to save having to remove sticky patches

unscrewing the middle support to take out brake light

Remove panel to take out strut

Original compared to the carbon one, both very light

using string for cable treading

Wing on rear, sorry pocket camera, really need polarized filter

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
got some carbon wings going out to customers, they look sweeeeeet!

as robbie say yourl need some guts to fit

·
Registered
58 Posts
Robbie.... did you need to replace the stickies over the nuts or could you reuse them? Fitting my wing Friday and HPC want £2 a sticky...... adds up if you need to replace all 12???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok...... so fitted my rear wing today...... you definitely need some guts..... I was scared to death!!! Looks fantastic on a white car...... very happy!!!!!!! :flame: :clap::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
If you're gonna spam a forum, at least learn english.....

·
Registered
986 Posts
Just a quick question, can you remove the whole wing by undoing the two nuts on either edge of the boot lid and the one in the middle, and when you say requires guts what specifically are you referring too, is it the pulling apart bit? Will pulling floss across the seals not break them akin to removing a boot badge?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you know how to remove the centre strut from the boot lid? Is it stuck on? I cant get behind it to find any bolts! Thanks

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Do you know how to remove the centre strut from the boot lid? Is it stuck on? I cant get behind it to find any bolts! Thanks
Looking at the picture it looks like one of those plastic clips similar to how my GTS one is fitted, So very gentle levering with a plastic lever, or try and access from behind and push, Either way it requires extreme care.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts