GTR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Note to self, make sure you check for removable plug before pulling all the wires through. There is a removable plug near the join between mount and wing. Dont pull the wires through. Also a firm pull is required to unclip the mounts after the tape is all cut. Lets hope the carbon vinyl holds up and it all goes back together ok now lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great write up, i fitted a carbon wing this weekend.
I had to loosen the three nuts for the lower right hand spoiler to get the cable to pull through, the end conection was getting trapped in the access holes.
The centre support was held quite tight by the stickey pad. just needed some working and a gentle screw driver.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rear Spoiler

I tried doing mine yesterday afternoon but got scared. After reading this I will give it another try some evening next week.:bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the middle support bolted down or just stuck down? Mines come loose where the support comes in contact with the boot. If it's bolted I can't understand how the nut has started to undo? Guess the support does take a fair hammering.....

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
fittng rear spoiler wing

Just fitted carbon spoiler
I have fitted a full carbon spoiler on MY09 GTR before and it is a lot more involved but the top part is a lot easier to fit. If you are just fitting the top part first thing to do is

pop open the boot remove 6 sticky pads, heat with hairdryer or heat gun this makes peeling them off very easy and makes sure you can reuse them.
Remove the 2 covers by unscrewing 6 screws, then remove 2 bolts from each side and just loosen the remaining 2.

Then close the boot use hairdryer or heat gun to heat centre upright of spoiler.
Use fishing wire to separate upright from boot work the wire from front to back then back to front (remember not to pull wire all the way through because of plastic clip in centre) keep heating do not allow to cool down

Take out 2 remaining bolts and flip the spoiler over, disconnect the wire going through spoiler and into boot (its unnecessary to remove any components or disconnect any wires from boot if you are just fitting top part of spoiler)

When you re-fit the spoiler I found best the way to remove the sticky pad is a product called Goo Gone. I used the 2.2mm thick VHB pads for GOPro camera just cut to size.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts