GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Am planning to be at Knockhill this Sunday for the Paul Walker tribute day / Super Lap Scotland final.

There is a drag shootout over lunch, am hoping to be on track for that, so will get a chance to test the launch control settings on the DSC Sport system.

Happy to chat about / demo the system if any forum members are planning to be there.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I'm happy to consider a group-buy after a demo. Won't be before.
I will be on for the group buy pending Johnnys review as I will not be at Silverstone.

Running 2010 car, with 2012 suspension and Litchfield ARBs.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks grahamc,

Indications from the work done with misters3 are that the Litchfield suspension is softer at the rear than at the front, this is easily catered for.

Is there a date that would work for most of you to meet up at Silverstone?

Thanks

Hugh

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Gents,

Am sorry to say I cannot get away from Aberdeen to demo the DSC Sport system at Silverstone tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get down to a location that is convenient for some of you in the near future, or work with one of you to fit the system on a trial basis to experience the difference first hand.

Thanks

Hugh

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Jonny is welcome to borrow mine
Matt I see you do lots of track days. I'm keen to do my Cat B licence too so have read your threads. Never did find out how you got on with it colour blindness though.

Anyways how have you found the DSC controller, esp on track?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I got it off Matt today, and I've had it on since. My thoughts.
1. Stock tune and Litchfield suspension is miles too soft. But this can be tuned.
2. Comfort mode is much better
3. Not overly keen on the way it uses Comfort / Normal / Race modes.
4. It interferes with my cruise control / rolling boost setup. I cannot accelerate with CC on when this box is in place.

It's a solid start, but it still needs work.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I got it off Matt today, and I've had it on since. My thoughts.
1. Stock tune and Litchfield suspension is miles too soft. But this can be tuned.
2. Comfort mode is much better
3. Not overly keen on the way it uses Comfort / Normal / Race modes.
4. It interferes with my cruise control / rolling boost setup. I cannot accelerate with CC on when this box is in place.

It's a solid start, but it still needs work.
Pm me your email address and I'll send you the file I have which firms up comfort at lower speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
There is also a kit from Linney that does something very similar to the AWD ecu (different maps good for launches etc), so guess thats all 4 GTR ecu's covered, Engine & Trans (ecutek), Suspension Ecu (PTSYS) & AWD Ecu (Linney).

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
There is also a kit from Linney that does something very similar to the AWD ecu (different maps good for launches etc), so guess thats all 4 GTR ecu's covered, Engine & Trans (ecutek), Suspension Ecu (PTSYS) & AWD Ecu (Linney).
Any more info on the Linney AWD system? Is it purely for launching?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thanks guys,

Have looked at the 4WD controller, it definitely has a place when exploring the limits, possibly more competition than road car focus though.

Having driven my car for some time now on the DSC Sport suspension controller, I would say that there is scope for a set of suspension maps that are setup for everyday use around town up to fast road.

I have been playing around with the comfort settings on the race map and it is quite a nice mix, not quite as firm as you would want for track, but a nice compromise for the twisties.

For track there is likely to be a set of three firm maps that will work well, one for damp and one for twisty dry circuits and the hardest for flat open circuits.

Thanks to it's programmability, the DSC Sport controller can be set up to suit all tastes.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
After playing with the software myself, I think you can accomplish everything in 3 maps in total.

1. Comfort, soft.
2. Sport, firmer with rapid stiffening at the limits, for less smooth surfaces.
3. Track, hard, with less rapid stiffening but to the same amount, for smooth surfaces.

Softening up in the 0.0 to 0.2g category will give a nice ride around town.

41 - 60 of 224 Posts