GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a few clips for this and although I have great admiration of Steve Martins earlier works .... this is just wrong!!

I think a lot of the comedy in the original films was the fact it was an English mans parody on the French and that seems to have been lost in the latest release.

There was something so right about Sellers playing the character and something so wrong about Steve Martin doing it ... I guess I will have to wait untill its released for final judgment but I do have a horrible sinking feeling already :(

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Peter Sellers portrayal of the bumbling Inspector was a masterpiece of its time.. Some famous film characters can withstand transition (Bond etc) but there will only ever be one Clouseau.... :)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
The original Pink Panther films were on one of the Freeview channels yesterday and Revenge of the Pink Panther is on today. I love the originals, Peter Sellers was truely a comic genius............

Bumb, there is a bumb! :D

Class!

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Industry pundits are claiming that the Pink Panther is definately going to receive the Razzie award.

It was obvious to be honest.

There's a great poster of Steve Martin on one of the tube stations I use. Next to his face, somebody has scribbled in a biro pen:

"I'm not funny anymore"

Tragic.

·
Administrator
31,472 Posts
what i don't get is why remake classics?

surely remaking a shit film which had potential is a lot cleverer than remaking something people behold, and revere, and class as genius.

Italian job, I had never seen it until a few years back, and despite The Matrix's and Star wars of this world, I was captivated by it (so much so, i didn't load the dishwasher and got bitched at, lol)

mook

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Revenge of the Pink Panther, Freeview channel - More 4 @ 4.20 PM. Great if you want to watch the original and best Clouseau...........

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
Blow Dog said:
There's a great poster of Steve Martin on one of the tube stations I use. Next to his face, somebody has scribbled in a biro pen:

"I'm not funny anymore"

Tragic.
cruel - but very very true.............

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I never did find Steve Martin funny.. :D Peter Sellers was a truly class act though. Loved the bits with his fighting with Kato :D :D :D

Didn't he commit suicide? I seem to remember that from when I was about 14 years old...

Miguel

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I`ve got all the originals at home, and a few weeks ago my 3 nieces came to stay and i put on one of the films and they sat there in fits of laughter.
We ended up watching all of them over the weekend.
They are just classic, you cant beat perfection, and you shouldn`t try.

S

·
0 Posts
It's not often I would agree to condemning a film without watching it, but nooooooo - don't remake Clouseau.
Oh and whilst we are at it don't remake The Dukes of Hazzard either you dopey pilchards!:(:(
If they EVER touch Jaws I'm going to burn my DVD player, projector, THX 7.1, the local blockbusters and go live up a tree in Guatemala.
Grrr.

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
senna said:
If they EVER touch Jaws I'm going to burn my DVD player, projector, THX 7.1, the local blockbusters and go live up a tree in Guatemala.
Grrr.
will that be an apple tree - the're much better you know, more secure ;) :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts