GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is to say THANK YOU so much to Steve!

For my girlfriends 18th birthday he picked us both up unknown to my girl friend and took us on an hour spin.

He turned up at 2pm exactly on the dot at my house, the car was spotless inside and out as the photos show minus a few murdered fly's due to the drive over.

To let us know he was here he reversed onto the drive and then proceeded to nearly blow the house down by revving the GTR's pistons into action! My girlfriend then looked outside to see the car of her dreams sat on the drive, she nearly deafened me by screaming (no joke).

We then went for a ride for around an hour which demonstrated what his modified GTR can do. I wont say what we got up too as the imagination can do the rest. Lets just say that Steve knows how to drive full stop!!

I have added a few pictures as they show the car off!

(Contact Steve if you want anything similar arranged as I am sure he would love to help)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hi Ian

No Problem and I am glad you and Megan enjoyed yourselves :)

Think I let you know how to upload pic's - if you get stuck let me know

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Nice one Ian and that was before she was screaming !! :)

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
R33 having some errr "more" work done, will let you know when she is ready !!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hi Kociek

I explained to Ian and Megan that I have been doing this for years with my R33 (16 Years) and 6 years with the R35 as some people don't ever get to see such cars, let aone go in them and at a Track day even better as I give PAX laps to anyone (as long as they don't scream too loud or grab my leg !!!)

·
Registered
947 Posts
I must confess i admire the fact you do that and you right is not many people who can enjoy such a nice car however is R32,33,34,35.
they are young and they had fun and the way i see it that's why we buy car like this for the fun of it.
i did the same last time wend i went to visit in laws i got my brother in law (age of 22) and is girlfriend on the car and they were out of the moon,was great fun.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
LOL, I have even taken my Mum out at a Track day and she is in her 70's (you can see where I get it from) and my niece when she was errr not old enough to legally go out at on a Track, but I knew the marshals and it was at the end of the day and it was quiet, she loved it and has in fact sworn me to never sell my R33 as it's part of her growing up + I just love that car !!

·
R35 Section manager
11,256 Posts
Good job Steve:chuckle:
I did think it was weird she didnt go out in the first test drive as that was what he had requested:confused::eek::chuckle:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well done Steve :) hats off really nice

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Very nice gesture Steve!! hats off to you bud.... :clap:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Sharing happiness and smiles is what makes the world go round :)
The driver (Steve) I bet was just as happy and smiley as the girl, for his reaction to her happiness.

This is the reason I take people out for a ride, I don't charge, ask for petrol money or anything, their happiness and smile is enough for me.

Good job Steve.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Well done Steve.

Used to do it in the Bomber with the local toerags as well as friends and such - in fact just lent the RS4 out for a mates little sisters prom.

I yearned to touch cars like this as a kid and wished dearly that people would come close enough to let you see inside and so on, so its something I have always done.

Good show mate - its the spirit this forum was built on.

J.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Well done Steve :D
Imagine the response if you'd pulled up in a Nismo version.... ;)

Seriously though, hats off to you :D
LoL you just swore :chuckle:

You know something, and I do truly think this is a shame, most peoople will not know the difference between the GTR and the Nismo - in fact they may think like I did when I saw it in the flesh at Goodwood, that it is an R35 with some carbon bits on it :chuckle::runaway::chuckle: (other than being BUTT ugly):flame::flame::flame:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts