GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of removing my number plate from the front of the car and replacing with a sticker type and putting on the bottom valance below the intercooler (R33). The only problem I can see is that the DVLA says a number plate should be reflective but at night my lights would counter this being a problem anyway.

Anyone know if doing this is a problem also where I could get one from???

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I could find on teh DVLA that would make them illegal is that the backing would not be reflective. I have however found somewhere that "claim" they can make a reflective version, so am awaiting a reply. Will work out cheaper than having the stone chips painted LOL

Was meaning to get back to you re the roof rack but the other half can't decide if she wants to take her board now :rolleyes: Would look funny IMO a Skyline line with roof rack and 8 foor board on top LOL

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The problem is with the reflective it needs to be up to standard BSau 145d Standard to be legal, this needs to be printed on the plate:(

8' board on a Skyline would be a sight to behold:D get enough speed upyou might be able to fly down there LOL

Dave.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
got mine exactly where your thinking of putting yours and as long as you are not an idiot you should be Ok, however get the wrong copper on an off day and you will need to do sum really niffty sweet talking or do as I do, and carry a set in the boot with velcrow fixings !!!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Ive just done this, reckon it frees up loads of fresh air for the intercooler and it looks pretty cool too :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
s2gtr said:
8' board on a Skyline would be a sight to behold:D get enough speed upyou might be able to fly down there LOL
Now there is a plan :D

Steve said:
however get the wrong copper on an off day and you will need to do sum really niffty sweet talking
Well I'm currently working at the Devon and Cornwall Police headquarters, so see a fair few every day LOL

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mookistar said:
dang

if it was six you could get a small plate made up
I did this and a nice chap in a white car tried to get £30 off me for having it on the car. Only thing is by the time he had walked back from his car to book me I had changed it and then denied having it on there :D

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yeah a plate with only two numbers will fit on one line in the standard location with the standard font allowed for imports (i think), but with three numbers it wont :(

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,571 Posts
Kenan,

Sorry pal, I may have missed something, by why won't a sticky plate be reflective?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

I got my brother white reflective for his STi front plate.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Scott said:
Kenan,

Sorry pal, I may have missed something, by why won't a sticky plate be reflective?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

I got my brother white reflective for his STi front plate.
I don't know?? thats the thing just trying to make sure I get the best "copy" I can as it were. Might pop into the traffic department tomorrow and as them :eek:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,571 Posts
Copy???? :confused: :confused:

Reflective is reflective as far as I am concerned!:D

Stick them on and worry when/IF you get pulled.
Just get ready to chuck your stash thats all!!!!:smokin: :smokin: ;)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Mookistar said:
dang

if it was six you could get a small plate made up
Hi, on a 7 digit plate the finished size of the plate would be 398mm x 87mm using motorcycle size lettering which is 100% legal on a jap. imported car.:D

The bad news is that Stick on plates are not approved with the 'bs145d'
so they are illegal.:(

My company still supplies the stick on reflectives to Motorsport teams for OFF ROAD USE ONLY so all owners take their own risk of getting fined if used on a public highway:mad:

I hope the above info is usefull to you:confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts