GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Abbey M/S (01883 732331) were really good when I needed the windscreen replacing in my R32 GTR - they got it in stock and fitted within a couple of days of speaking with them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah

I can get one next day.....but at 568+VAT I don't really want to. I'd rather get one out of a written off car or something?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds cheap...

£568+VAT ?? When I had to replace mine it came out at about £1350 !!!! :confused: It's times like that I am glad of decent insurance cover, as it only cost me the £50 excess.:D

I reckon you'll have to be lucky to find a written off car that still has the windscreen intact, but good luck with the search.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah

I reckon I'm fooked. Will have to dust off the wallet and pay up! Arse! ;) This month has been an expensive one! £1500 insurance + windscreen + intercooler +lots of guauges

ARSE

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yikes !

£1500 for insurance ???? I pay about £550 fully comp (without using any no claims) for my 1990 R32 GTR

:smokin:

·
Registered
35 Posts
The broker is is Scotland, and is called Craig and Suttar. The ladies there are really helpful, and the owner (Wendy) is a big classic car fan/collector. (I appreciate that Skylines are not really "classics" yet, but Wendy seems to have an interest in most things automotive). Basically, she was just fed up with being ripped off with insurance - sound familiar ?? - and decided to set up her own company to help out people like us.

The only conditions are that the vehicle needs to be at least 10 years old, so it'll rule out your 34, I'm afraid. And the mileage is restricted to 5000 (very quick) miles per year, but this isn't really a problem. Not sure what the excess is, but I think that it's only a couple of hundred quid.

Fest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts