GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roads are drying, the tyres aren't bare and the boosts just there:D

Paul and Jon, I was thinki9ng of you as I booted it today:D At last i can erlease mt babies full potential:D

Hmmmm....need more power!!!!!

But hey, I'm still smiling!!!!!!!

P.s. Shaun get in touch, we need to meet up for a drink somtime soon

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Booting

Glad to hear you was enjoing your car now it's dryer for I can imagine what it's like in the wet . It was bad enough coming outta that roundabout afew weeks ago in the dry !;) :D

You must get some form of traction control on that .

Have you booked any trackdays yet ? I'm thinking of going Brentwaters soon .I'll let ya know when if ya wanna come.

Have fun and keep driving 'safe' .:D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brentwater

Paul,

When are you going to Brentwater? I'm definitely up for it....Its time to learn;) :) :D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Stu,

"Shaun get in touch, we need to meet up for a drink somtime soon"

I beleive he's in Florida at the moment, on hols

RonS

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Track day

How do you fancy Sat 23rd Feb at Brentwaters ?

There are 5 places left at £99 for the day.

Let me know and we'll book it .Plus I'll get a fiver off so lunch will be on me .:D

Any takers ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
23rd Feb

Paul,

Its a date:). The wife is working :D so I'm a free man. It can be her B'day pressy to me. Are you booking are do you have a contact number?

Can't wait:smokin:

Ron,

Cheers for the update on Shaun. I don't know, these people who have a life and go on holiday. What is the world coming to?!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Brentwaters

Sorry Stu.

It's fully booked.We booked last night ,but you can still come and watch if ya want.There is another one on Sunday too.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not on me hols yet !

Hi Ron & Stu !

I am not on my holiday yet unfortunately (I go in about 10 weeks !) ! Just been a little busy lately if you two know what I mean ?

Stu,

PM me or I will you tonight when I am online and have some more time, and yes, we'll have to sort out a meet up for a drink etc. soon if you fancy it ?

Shaun.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Brentwaters

Stu.

Sorted it mate.

You are now officially booked and paid for Brentwaters 23rd.

See ya then!

:)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Track Day

Brentwaters Sat 23rd Feb.

Ok. Jed,Gary,Henry,Stu we are all booked in and paid for !

Lunch will be my treat for I got a good deal :D !

Look forward to seeing you all there with a wad of cash each !:D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
COME TO DADDY

Nice one Paul:)

....I suppose I should broach that other subject...the "I" word:eek: . Are you chaps bothering with track insurance? If so, have yuo got a contact no?

Once again, Ta lots Paul!!!

Hmmmm, now I'll have to learn to drive:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Insurance

Insurance is nice to have for peace of mind I suppose but it doesn't come cheap !

I normally take out cover for £8k but with £1k excess ( :( ).
It costs £80 for the cover,but you can have more or less as you wish!

However the policy has many conditions,eg.claim form to be signed by marshall,reported within 48 hrs,engine ,gearbox,not covered,etc..So read policy with care ,unlike me !:D

I think that cover will sort out most of the bodywork damage,but i think the secret is to drive carefully and avoid any loony drivers.

You will LOVE it mate !

OH yeah,the contact details are Edgar Lawson, tel:0115 941 5255.

I will try and get us a club discount if I remember to ring tommorow !

If anybody else want some ,insurance that is let me know for it will increase our bargaining power !
Well I managed it with the tyres ! 5% .Better than 0% me thinks !:D

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Bentwater

Guys, you'll love it, unfortanately or fortunately (for me) I am at Goodwood on the 23rd. but last time we were there it was GREAT fun for everyone, even in the wet ! What about a SKYLINE day at Bentwater, believe Dave/Paul were talking to Book-a-track about it ? Also, the Q of I, if you get yourself a good insurancE Co (NO, I didn't really say that !!) they should be able to insure you on the Track day, however your Excess will doudle and there are sometimes clauses such as NO slicks etc, but this is the way I do it, it cost an arm and a leg, but at least you don't have to worry about sorting it all out before hand, just one call !!
Keep it on the Black Stuff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts