GTR Forum banner

What kind of air filter do you run?

• Stock airbox?

Votes: 69 17.4%
  • ARC Airbox?

Votes: 60 15.1%
  • Aftermarket Induction kits?

Votes: 259 65.2%
  • You are insane, run no AFM's a draw air direct to the turbo...?

Votes: 16 4.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Mashrock:
Why are the "hks filters of death" thats what im running
They're foam - the filtration on them isn't very good, and when the foam gets old it disintegrates, and gets sucked into the turbos
They also look like cheapo Halfords jobbies too :chuckle:

Apexi are the only filters to use if you're ditching the airbox

·
Registered
9 Posts
LOL i see, maby when i get some cash ill upgrade till then ill run my motor on a hybrid fuel mix of crap American 93 octane and foam mix. And im not aware of the term "Halfords jobbies" is that a supper JDM term?
-O

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
LOL i see, maby when i get some cash ill upgrade till then ill run my motor on a hybrid fuel mix of crap American 93 octane and foam mix. And im not aware of the term "Halfords jobbies" is that a supper JDM term?
-O
Haha, no mate Halfords is a chain of stores we have in the UK that sell various motor bits (albeit over priced) but there's one pretty much everywhere.

I had Blitz on mine and now have ARC box with new filters. I've yet to drive it with it fitted but i'll let you know how it sounds.:chuckle:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haha, no mate Halfords is a chain of stores we have in the UK that sell various motor bits (albeit over priced) but there's one pretty much everywhere.

I had Blitz on mine and now have ARC box with new filters. I've yet to drive it with it fitted but i'll let you know how it sounds.:chuckle:
Please do i am always looking for anything that makes my car sound more evil, scares the slow cars away. Iv got some arc bits on my car already so it will go nice, and hey whats the time difference over there? its 115pm right now for me.
-O

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Well driven it now with the ARC fully fitted and working well and i must say it is much less noisy than the blitz ones i had, you hear more exhaust and less air intake noise. Also you don't hear much of the recirculating BOV's either, much more sedate on long motorway journeys. The quality is very good and i am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad your pleased with the units, i do like the sound of the bov's alot. In my case they don't recirculate so the ARC unit mite be interesting. Best of both for me i guess.
-O

Well driven it now with the ARC fully fitted and working well and i must say it is much less noisy than the blitz ones i had, you hear more exhaust and less air intake noise. Also you don't hear much of the recirculating BOV's either, much more sedate on long motorway journeys. The quality is very good and i am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I use the purple filters from HKS in their Racing Induction Kit. Great kit and doesnt take up all the limited space, making for power gains and a tidy instal. I am however thinking of moving to the larger oversized apexi cones and Z32 air flow meters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ARC Box with hard pipe kit!! looks awesome and sounds tough can hear the induction noise from inside the car.. love it

·
547 Posts
Just replaced my AFMs today and noticed that my K&Ns are absolutely rubbish... :(
They probably killed the AFMs on their way to turbos when disintegrating :chuckle:

I'm going for Apex'i now, they did great previously in GTST

Will they fit K&N's elbows or will I have to get the whole kit?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The issue I had when I had my arc air box a while ago was it just takes up so much space and getting to the front pass side headlamp was a real arse. Nice bit of kit though.
;)
Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Twin HKS filters but I worry they dont get enough air as one sits against the washer bottle. I want a headlight duct but it isnt street legal surely?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts