GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, got a problem with my stock boost gauge and was wondering if you could shed some light on what I can look for.

Out of the three gauges in the console, only the oil temp works for certain.

All three light up, so the bulbs are getting power, but the boost gauge doesn't move and I am not sure about the torque split gauge on the far left. It might be working, but I am not sure on when it should read.

I also haven't done anything to get it to transfer power to the fronts so it might be working and I haven't met the requirements for the gauge to respond.

Can anyone help with the boost gauge? I plan on getting an aftermarket one, but for the time being I would at least like to know if I am having any boost spikes, etc.

Thanks.

David.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The boost gauge runs off a pressure sensor, on my R33 GTR it is located on the driver's side fenderwell area, at the rear. There is a hose that connects it to the intake manifold, rearmost location. If this hose is broken, you will get a 0 reading.

I'd check that first, mine split once at the manif connection.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
to test the front wheel torque - stop the car. rev to 6K rpm. drop the clutch at WOT. watch the needle move as your fronts suddenly awaken and scramble for traction :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
to test the front wheel torque - stop the car. rev to 6K rpm. drop the clutch at WOT. watch the needle move as your fronts suddenly awaken and scramble for traction :)
Or, turn the wheel all the way to the R or L, rev to 7000, drop the clutch at WOT and try and watch the needle move as you go in circles.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts