GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys am new to this forum

am planning to purchase an R-33 J-Spec stock 280hp it costs around 9800 GBP 95/96 model
and I wonder what are the basic upgrades to turn up the boost
and reach it to it's full potential with stock turbos ? I wanna be around 450hp - 480hp stock turbos so can anyone please tell me
what are the performance parts I need ?

This is what I know till now:

1. HKS Hiper Exhaust
2. HKS Downpipe(FrontPipe)
3. Greddy Airinx Intake
4. HKS/Blitz T.Timer
5. HKS/Blitz Boost Control
6. ECU Chip ?! is it used for turning up the boost or removing
the de-limiter ? :confused:

- I saw a 180km/h speedometer on it ! anyone else had the same speedometer when they got their cars while it was stock?

- how much boost can stock turbos hold till redline ? 1.0bar ?
- any competition against 911 turbo with the basic upgrades ?
- how much difference is there from 280hp - 4xxhp ???

can anyone please continue the rest of the mods and guide me
through ?!

Thank You....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Mods

Hey thanx man for replying

I just found this Jap Site seems that it carries alot of toys for
the RB26DETT takakaira.com anyway you said HKS 1.2mm Steel Gasket for 1.2bar is it ok to replace stock gasket with Trust 2.0mm ? I mean is it safe for the engine no harm will be done ?
for future upgrades that is.

What about 720cc injectors is it ok or should it be 600cc?

GuyRatcliffe said:
Nismo,

Sorry for the delay in responding......nothing worse than a dead email thread with no responses.

My R33 was built with the following parts:

Blitz Air Filters
HKS Dump-valves (wouldn't get again - fun but noisy)
HKS Intercooler (essential for 400bhp+)
HKS Hard-pipe kit (stops pipes blowing off at high boost)
HKS 600cc Injectors (needed for 450+bhp)
HKS 1.2mm Steel Gasket (needed for 1.2bar+)
HKS 264 Inlet & Exhaust Camshafts (moves power band up)
HKS Camshaft Vernier Pulleys (gives cam adjustments)
Nismo Fuel pump (needed for 450+bhp)
1.3-1.4 Bar boost
Steel Turbos (Standard but changed internals)
Abbey ECU
Racing Plugs
Mongoose Exhaust
Trust Front down-pipe
HKS F-Con V (fully mapped)
Apex AVC-R
Abbey Oil Cooler (necessary for high speed)

It made 480bhp at the engine on a rolling road, and would have made 500bhp if it had not been leaking boost. This was really usable and the turbos spun up fast.

You will need to convert the stock ceramic turbos to steel. However, if you are going down this route take my advice and do the following:

Go for HKS 2510 or 2530 turbos (or Trust), not uprated stock. They will flow more and are roller-bearing. Once you get 480-ish bhp you will want more and then you will have to bin the stock steel turbos and you will regret not having bought bigger in the first place.

The 180kph speedo is standard, it gets converted to mph for the SVA test in the UK ie 180mph.

I wouldn't advise running more than 1.0 bar on stock turbos, though an occassional overboost to 1.2 bar should be OK.

Yes, at 400bhp, it is on a par with 911 Turbo in performance, with much more practicality.

The upgrade to 400bhp transforms the car, the chassis was designed for it and it is a big heavy car - 300bhp is not enough.

Guy

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
History Check?

Nismo,
Just been reading the thread that you started regarding mods to an R33. Looking at your pictures I noticed it is in the Middle East. Do you live out there or just sourcing it from there? Just wondered due to the reported large amount of stolen cars that go throught the Middle East either destined for Europe or going the other way back to Japan. :mad:
I know a couple of people over here have been bitten and have had their cars taken by the police. :eek: I'm not scare mongering, just would hate to see it happen to others.
Maybe worth giving it a thorough check.;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Dodgy

Scott

What is it with us Essex lads. So untrusting aren't we.

Know what you meen though. Better safe than sorry.

T6KYO.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
You just can't tell who's trying to pull a fast one on you.:mad:

When I first read the notes about people unknowingly buying stolen Japanesse car and then the UK police conferscating them, with out any re-embursment, I was horrified.:eek: Just the though of my baby belonging to someone else still was un thinkable. Like finding your birds married to someone else.:eek: Mind you I sometimes wish that was true. I'd ring him up and tell him to come collect her.;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: History Check?

Hey Scott Hi there

Yes am in the middle east (U.A.E - Dubai)

I also heard about stolen Jap cars come to the middle east not only GT-Rs mostly the new Land Cruiser V8 am going to check
again on the final price and then the conversion from RHD -> LHD
and when I get my GT-R I will post some pics :D

and am thinking of either White or Silver what do you guys think?

Scott said:
Nismo,
Just been reading the thread that you started regarding mods to an R33. Looking at your pictures I noticed it is in the Middle East. Do you live out there or just sourcing it from there? Just wondered due to the reported large amount of stolen cars that go throught the Middle East either destined for Europe or going the other way back to Japan. :mad:
I know a couple of people over here have been bitten and have had their cars taken by the police. :eek: I'm not scare mongering, just would hate to see it happen to others.
Maybe worth giving it a thorough check.;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
History Check

Hi Nismo,

I spent quite a bit of time in the ME and was actually in Dubai last week. I know all the cars that you have looked at and I was one of the unlucky ones who bought from Dubai and had my car confiscated in the UK . Good news was that I got my money and the car back. I very nearly bought the 4 door GTR.

All the GTR's in Dubai/Sharjah are nicked! Did you notice that most have no boot lock? That's how they get into them in Japan. Most ME countries do not check the Interpol register and the dealers now refuse to sell cars to anyone wanting it shipped to Europe. Some are now being converted to LHD particularly in Abu Dhabi.

If you are planning to take the car out of the ME check the Interpol database first ( you will need a pal in the police , I have one if you need my help).

I was offered 2 R34's last week for about Pnds16k each, both virtually brand new and of course nicked.

Be careful!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts