GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, say you're putting together a stock-spec car. Stock engine, ceramic turbos, not looking to make more than, say 400bhp. Seems the obvious choice for an ECU is the stock one. Mapped by Nissan, knock retard, buying an aftermarket ECU and getting it mapped just seems to be a huge waste of money...and a less than competent tuner could easily do a worse tune than what Nissan did.

- at what power level is the stock ECU no good? 450bhp? My gut instinct says that if injectors and AFMs are stock, the stock ECU should be good enough to support it.

- stock boost control. Running 1 bar on ceramics - what could possibly be the downside to a stock ECU?

- speed limiter. 180kph is childs play. How do you defeat the limiter while retaining all other stock ECU functions?

- R34 transplant into an R32. R32 ECU or R34 ECU? Any wiring harness issues to be aware of?

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I can map the stock ecu the 33/44 ecu we have to put a board in to allow us to real time map it. i would say the air flow meters would be the first thing thats why hks made a vpc for it to do away with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
here is a video of one of my cars running a completely stock re-tuned Nissan ecu

19 lbs [email protected] 4 wheels no nos

YouTube - Nissan Skyline Drag GT R @ APET

28lbs 615kw at all 4 wheels no nos

YouTube - 613kw dyno run. World record for a factory tuned GTR ECU

both done on twin 3ooxz airflows we have recently changed turbos and gone to a custom 4 inch airflow meter which alowed us to exceeded these power levels substantially

we can see no reason why the ecu cant handle much more

the factory ecu is far more advanced than ANY after market ecu that is within the realms of any sensible budget

we used to use a motec m800 (a very very good ecu worth thousands and thousands of dollars) but my sponsers (apet) specialize in retuning factory ecu's so changed back to a standard one and are very happy with the factory one we use now and are making more power than we ever have

if you need a re-tuned ecu for any model skyline or similar age nissan pm me and i will put you in contact....you will save thousands and still have everything working like factory

(mods if you see this as trading feel free to delete :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts