GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Safe answer is they can't handle 500bhp either!

Rpms are the biggest killer of rods, and torque. You can do 800bhp but keeping the torque below 600lbft will make it potentially last, assuming that would be below the stock rev limit, I haven't done the maths.

No one can put a point on where it will break as all engines are different but 800bhp is not out of the question. 800lbft would be pushing it though I managed 710 for a fair chunk if time and it never broke.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Absolutely no problem ......................

for a couple of minutes

As CT said , I dont see the logic - you need to spend an awful lot of money to get that power whats the difference with some decent rods and pistons

Unless of course the plan is to bolt the biggest turbo onto a stock engine. Even then your costs will be substantial .(clutch, injectors fuel system , ecu etc ) and whilst theoretically you may reach your power goal you will have serious lag (maybe an hour or so )

·
Registered
818 Posts
Met someone at the ace café the other week who says he is running 1000BHP+ on stock internals, has done all the work himself!
Tried to explain to him that the engine will go bang at some point running that power on standard internals.

He said he had mapped it himself and kept the torque down "As it negates the need for internal upgrades" and that companys like litchfields and SVM were being too cautious and trying to get more money out of you!

I await the outcome!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
The stock engine will handle 1000whp no problem as long as you don't start it.... Lol.... Do it properly as said minimum rods otherwise it'll go snap, crackle and pop

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Met someone at the ace café the other week who says he is running 1000BHP+ on stock internals, has done all the work himself!
Tried to explain to him that the engine will go bang at some point running that power on standard internals.

He said he had mapped it himself and kept the torque down "As it negates the need for internal upgrades" and that companys like litchfields and SVM were being too cautious and trying to get more money out of you!

I await the outcome!

This wasn't a silver car was it???

·
Registered
551 Posts

I await the outcome!

Im with you on the :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

I await the outcome!

lol, I'd have loved to see that conversation.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts

I await the outcome!

Hmmmm...

Sounds like a pub bragging hp figure that has been pulled out of thin air!

But then again - my GTR is running approx 1117 bhp with torque capped and stock internals! I mapped it this morning with my 5 year old daughter and she ran a 1/4 mile at the pod of 9.03 about an hour ago! I just think I have got a strong one - probably one that Nissan strengthened by mistake!

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts