GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot seem to sell my stock turbos, is there any other makes of cars/engines who can make use of them? I do not want to end up throwing them in the bin as they work fine and have no issues with them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would personally set fire to the ones i had if they didnt explode and take the engine with them.

Just keep em listed as i'm sure someone will want a stock replacement one day?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
See if an RB2.6 guys fancy a project to make them work on their cars?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well N1 rebuild kits are like £200, so how much could I get with steel internals realistically?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
There are plenty of standard cars out there - if any one of their owners had a turbo fail I'm sure they would snap them up, and plenty of R33 GTR owners would see them as an upgrade, plus you might want to put them back on one day?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've seen t28s go on mazda forums, as a single turbo they're not a horrendous match for some of the 1.6/1.8 mx5 engines which are low comp na from factory and love a bit of boost. Only problem is that lot are cheap and won't pay good money, plus you'll need to find two buyers instead of one!

I'd be tempted to take them off your hands for the right price and rebuild them with steel internals for peace of mind, pm me your best price if you fancy it? Better than binning them, anyway!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
I cannot seem to sell my stock turbos, is there any other makes of cars/engines who can make use of them? I do not want to end up throwing them in the bin as they work fine and have no issues with them.
Try Z32 owners. AFAIK they are bigger than their stock turbos and they bolt up 50% (5 bolt outlets are available in the US).

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
You would never fit second hand stock ceramic turbos. The labour involved is not small so to cheap out on a turbo that could explode and take your engine out would be insane. Not sure what steel internal tubs go for, I would guess £500 for the pair????

You could end up spending £200 and time to still not be able to sell them though and that wouldn't be a good place to be, although you could then have sensible replacement tubs that can easily handle over 1bar

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I had no idea what to sell them for at first so put £400 lol, now at £150 which I think is a fair price for both turbos

·
Registered
206 Posts
Question:

If these turbos are converted to steel shaft, what would be the max boost allowed to run keeping them "efficient"?

Also, what steel shaft is known to work by "swapping" the ceramic turbine if upgrading the stock turbos?

Just venting a idea before I upgrade mine if I can get the upgrade of the OEM turbos cheap arround here.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Question:

If these turbos are converted to steel shaft, what would be the max boost allowed to run keeping them "efficient"?

Also, what steel shaft is known to work by "swapping" the ceramic turbine if upgrading the stock turbos?

Just venting a idea before I upgrade mine if I can get the upgrade of the OEM turbos cheap arround here.
1.5 bar max but reliable @ 1.4. I ran 1.2bar on steelies in my old gtr and made 420 fly

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great! Thanks for the reply guys. 420 fly with stock turbos (upgraded to steelies turbine) is not that bad...and btw, the stock ECU/MAFs and injectors would handle this boost pressure (1.4) with the help of only a MBC/EBC?

I already have my wishlist of parts to upgrade my stock RB26 but I would like to toy the idea of running the stock setup with the help of a EBC (most likely) and upgraded steel trubine shaft to max out the stock components of the engine before I go the next step.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts