GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased the GReddy Extention Front Pipesfrom Negun however I realized it's the ones without the Ex. Temp Sensor Attachment on it. Since the stock Ex. Temp Sensor is mounted on the turbo elbow/outlet, I would have to mount it elsewhere.
I was wondering where would be the best place to mount the stock Ex. Temp Sensor? Is it safe to mount it before the turbine and on to the manifold perhaps? Or would it be better I just get an aftermarket sensor and hook it up to the MFD?
Please Advice.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did a search and I know the best place to mount the EGT sensor is before the turbos... If I move the stock EGT to the manifold, will it be able to take it? I wouldn't want it breaking and breaking my turbine along with it. Or should I just drill a spot on the new GReddy Extention Front Pipes and fit it where it originally was?
New EGT sensors? Will aftermarket EGT sensors work with the MFD? What is needed to get it to work?
Please advice.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Hmmm, do the R32 GTR ones come with threaded holes for the sensors??
Been looking at these for quite a while and was going to add them to the shopping list.
Unfortunately mate I cant help you with your problem although it seems a bit strange that Greddy of all companies would sell a product not 100% compatable with the car.

TT

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think only the R34 one's come with the threaded holes. You can check it out in their site here -
English GReddy Turbine & Turbo,Super Charger, NOS / Extention Front Pipes
Japanese ƒgƒ‰ƒXƒg ƒOƒŒƒbƒfƒB ƒGƒNƒXƒeƒ“ƒVƒ‡ƒ“ ƒtƒ�ƒ“ƒgƒpƒCƒv

I think there are a few ppl who have fitted this on to their R32's. Maybe you can try asking them. You should be able to find them in your old post here - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/62729-trust-extension-pipes.html

I think I'll try to ask Negun to change to the one's with the EGT Temp. Sensor attachment since there is not many replies...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts