GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are not much GTR's in the US I wanted to see if you guys can help.

My R33 has a R34 motor swap on it, ECU and wiring was swapped out also. I've had the car for about 2 months and I feel the car is a pig, (sorry to say), I've had Eclipses (2 door Evo's) with intake and exhaust and the car pulls much harder then the R33. Full boost doesn't seem to come on until 3600 rpm, the car seems to run rich (I think it's due to the HKS SSQ's)

Current mods on the car is:
R34 Swap (3000 miles on the motor)
HKS Down pipe
ARC Ti 100mm exhaust
Mine's intake
ARC Catch can
HKS SSQ

There are no boost controller and everything else is stock.

Is slow spool normal on the the R34 motors?

Lastly I got a good deal on a Greddy R-SPL HG, 302x710x165, would you guys recommend to put this on with the following set up (see below) or wait the my next setup a 2.8 (going in about 1 1/2 months from now)

HKS GT2530's
HKS 272's
Nismo drop in pump
720 cc injectors
HKS or Tomei Fuel rail
SX FPR
HKS Hard pipes
ATTKD Ti extension housing
ATTKD Ti Down pipes
AEM EMS running on Map

Thanks in advance guys!

John

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That sounds about right John. Std GTRs are pretty crappy. They need at least 400hp to be interesting. The Trust intercooler is maybe a little OTT but should be fine. Once the 2530s etc are fitted you will be a lot happier. The fuel rail isn't needed and is just cosmetic.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cossy, I knew they GTR's are alittle on the slow side, but I didn't realize it was by that much :). Thanks I get to save some money on not buying a rail :)

Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
jas3113 said:
Thanks Cossy, I knew they GTR's are alittle on the slow side, but I didn't realize it was by that much :). Thanks I get to save some money on not buying a rail :)

Regards,
John
I'd go with a Nismo or Sard FPR as well over an SX

·
Registered
49 Posts
jas3113 said:
Since there are not much GTR's in the US I wanted to see if you guys can help.

My R33 has a R34 motor swap on it, ECU and wiring was swapped out also. I've had the car for about 2 months and I feel the car is a pig, (sorry to say), I've had Eclipses (2 door Evo's) with intake and exhaust and the car pulls much harder then the R33. Full boost doesn't seem to come on until 3600 rpm, the car seems to run rich (I think it's due to the HKS SSQ's)

Current mods on the car is:
R34 Swap (3000 miles on the motor)
HKS Down pipe
ARC Ti 100mm exhaust
Mine's intake
ARC Catch can
HKS SSQ

There are no boost controller and everything else is stock.

Is slow spool normal on the the R34 motors?

Lastly I got a good deal on a Greddy R-SPL HG, 302x710x165, would you guys recommend to put this on with the following set up (see below) or wait the my next setup a 2.8 (going in about 1 1/2 months from now)

HKS GT2530's
HKS 272's
Nismo drop in pump
720 cc injectors
HKS or Tomei Fuel rail
SX FPR
HKS Hard pipes
ATTKD Ti extension housing
ATTKD Ti Down pipes
AEM EMS running on Map

Thanks in advance guys!

John
if you're not going to upgrade the fuel rail and keep the stock one, your only option will be the 740cc nismo injectors. the thing about the stock fuel rail is that is front fed and the front cylinders get most of the fuel while the last 2 are starved, even if you have fpr. it's best in my opinion to spend some 2 or 3 hundred bucks in one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Felt the same way about my R34 when i first picked it up, took forever to spool up and just wasnt nice to drive to be honest, thought my old wrx was alot quicker, but once the downpipes/decat pipe and tuning took place it's a whole new ball game 400 + bhp and very responsive, loving every minute of it :clap:

·
Registered
235 Posts
r34 gtr turbos

sorry for the newby question but i'm looking at buying a set,are all r34 gtr turbos steel internals and if so what sort of boost can they handle. thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
huracan0613 said:
if you're not going to upgrade the fuel rail and keep the stock one, your only option will be the 740cc nismo injectors. the thing about the stock fuel rail is that is front fed and the front cylinders get most of the fuel while the last 2 are starved, even if you have fpr. it's best in my opinion to spend some 2 or 3 hundred bucks in one.
I might just splurge on the rail. So I guss I'm not imagining on the lag on the turbo.

I'll be in at least 450 sometime next week ;)

John

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
huracan0613 said:
I'm running 1000cc Sard injectors in a std rail no problem and a Nismo FPR.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Cossy. I just realized I have one for the 2.8 that being built.

Apparently, the rear turbo outlet to intercooler was missing one bolt holding it in. She feels like a champ now :clap: . Too bad, the turbo's are coming out in a couple of weeks

Thanks guys.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts