GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just a quick question..
I was thinking of upping my boost to a bar with the pfc, the only other engine related mods I have is exhaust. Is 1 bar noticably different from the stock boost level? thanks

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
don't forget to get the boost control kit with the PFC - the PFC by itself can't control boost. I just had mine installed and will be driving my car tomorrow...I think I might inch it up, .8, then .9, then 1.0, maybe even 1.1 but that'll really be pushing it. Depends on how the car handles everything I suppose - from injector duty to A/F ratios, etc.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
you can also get 1 bar by removing a restrictor in the vacuum lines connected to the stock boost solenoid. But you can also get spikey response - and having your stock turbos spike to 1.2 or 1.4 would be bad for pretty much everything involved. Better to have everything under control via a boost controller.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
hehehehehe most funny answer Si :D

what car do you own ninja? gtst or gtr? I think 1bar is pushing the gtst's ceramic turbo somewhat and it wont last long on that. I've been told about 0.85bar is fine and you'll see a shunt upward from the gtst's stock 0.7. (another trick to enhance the effect further is to remove the 2stage boost solenoid on the gtst's.. that and the slight boost upgrade made quite a difference to mine)

as for the gtr's I think they're okay on 1bar of boost

·
Registered
26 Posts
the power fc boost controler kit can be "spikey" aswell, i have the boost restrictor removed on my R32 GTR and the boost seems flat and smooth

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, sorry I forgot to mention it before, its a gtr. Thank for all the help guys.
yea if I don't get the controller kit with the pfc, I can pick up a used avc-r or something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
By just removing the boost restrictor and changing the cat converter from a standard cat in 3" exhaust, power went from 175kw at all 4 to 220kw...very cheap powerbig difference (4wd Dyno dunamics dyno)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts