GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
There is a mistake in the chart.

It says that the R34 GT-R turbo's have ceramic turbines, but what I know they are steel.

R33 GT-R stock turbo's can have 1bar boost max, with max 450hp
R34 GT-R stock turbo's van have 1.3bar boost max, with max ???hp?

·
Registered
158 Posts
i am running steel internal stock turbo's on my 33 at 1.4 bar and with supporting mods if your lucky you will see 460-480 if your lucky. if im not mistaken i got 430bhp at the crank at 6500rpm and the power curve flat lined till 8k rpm due to ignition coils breaking up so now i have splitfires and getting map adjusted should carry on climbing hopefully at least another 30-40bhp.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Am making 520 hp at 6800rpm (flywheel). Lots of fuel (Hks dual fed rail, 3 pumps), no CAS but cam/crank sensors, pon cams and free flowing exhaust. AEM EMS, R33 steel tubbies, M&W ignition on stock coils. Knife edged crank, oil mods, otherwise stock engine in RWD car. Very responsive engine with the small R33 hairdryers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Am making 520 hp at 6800rpm (flywheel). Lots of fuel (Hks dual fed rail, 3 pumps), no CAS but cam/crank sensors, pon cams and free flowing exhaust. AEM EMS, R33 steel tubbies, M&W ignition on stock coils. Knife edged crank, oil mods, otherwise stock engine in RWD car. Very responsive engine with the small R33 hairdryers.
who was that mapped by mate?

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
Out of interest, why 3 pumps and uprated fuel rail etc. at that power?
certainly over kill for 520 bhp flywheel unless he just using the standard turbos as a stop gap but prepped the rest of the engine up for a bigger turbo later on

1 - 20 of 36 Posts