GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[Last update: 27 Jan 2002]

Hi there,

You know, I am the organizer of GTROC(The GTR Owner's Club) Japan.
And I've heard that there are many stolen GTR's in the UK.
Some GTROC member asked me if I can look for their stolen GTR's in the UK.
I know I cannot do anything about the car even if the car is found in this country, but the owners want to know where their GTR is.
Further, stolen cars are not only in the UK but also usually in asian and middle east coutries.
I list the chassis number and colour here, so please let me know if you own/know the GTR.
If you don't mind, I will put the chassis number here when I received enquiry from GTROC members.
Many thanks.

1) BCNR33-008775 Silver
2) BCNR33-007641 Black
3) BCNR33-000831 White
4) BCNR33-004106 Purple
5) BNR32-011338 White
6) BCNR33-041895 White
7) BNR34-000486 Blue

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
534 Posts
To be honest Shin

I don't think you'll get a reply.

because if someone had one of these cars, they would have bought it in good faith believing that the car was a legitamate buy.

But if a car is found to be stolen, the police can take it from you and it would be very unlikely that they could sue the garage who they bought it from... so the owner is many £1,000 poorer.

So why would anyone own up?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see.

Hi Joss,

Thank you for your advice.
I understand the situation, but all I can do is showing the chassis number here and wait and see.
I hope you'll never get stolen cars from Japan.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Stolen cars

Whilst this may not help you locate the cars now as per Joss' post, the information should still be useful to a lot of potential buyers as no-one out there will want to buy a car that they know has been stolen. As to if any potential buyer will report finding a stolen car or just leave it alone is a different issue though???.

In my view that makes this information still worth containing here.

Cheers
Lee

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Stolen cars

I put the question to you. If it was your stolen car on the forecourt, would you want to know where it was if someone was viewing it. Keep posting the numbers Shin, it is just a shame that the only people that win out of this are the car thieves:mad:
I hope that none of us find that the numbers match our cars.
Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Excellent, totally valid point Lee! :cool:

One shouldn't approach a problem pessimistically, or they'll never solve anything. Always take a positive view...

Shin, why not provide the information to HPi, with suitable evidence to back it up? (For Shin - this is the organisation that people check with before buying a car in the UK.)

Their website is HPI.

Good luck and be positive!

Richard. :)

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Shin, it is also important that you let the GTROC members know that they should install alarm systems and trackers to their cars. This practice seems to be pretty uncommon here in Japan but with so many cases of stolen performance cars it would be a start toward making it harder for thieving bastards out there(...or should I say here!).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Stolen cars information from Japan

Good idea Shin,
If its been stolen in Japan,the car will take at least 6 weeks to arrive in the UK.

That's enough time to help a potential buyer of an import, a decent chance of checking out if it was stolen.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone

Hi there,

Thank you for your advice and positive opinion.
I will keep trying to put stolen cars information here.
I will edit my first post then.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Keep up the good work shin-san.

This i what a board should be for. Useful tips, crticial information and general help. Dare I say a lot more goes on. Each to their own, handbags at dawn.
Keep posting the numbers Shin, as you know I am now looking for a good GTR so these numbers are just invaluable.
You have my vote!:D
Nick.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Richard
Been there done that with REF to HPI.
HPI will only check the car from the DATE OF REGISTRATION in the UK.
Not the import date or anything before that.
Also the cars will not make it onto the interpole hit list for at least 3-6 months.
We don,t stand a chance really.
So any info is good info as far as I,m concerned
Best regards Alan :D

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Good for you Shin

As a future buyer I really appreciate the fact you are taking time out to do this Shin.
See you in the near future

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
the law of Adverse Possesion

Don't forget the law of Adverse Possesion also applies. In the Uk this is usually applied to land and buildings but does also apply to property in general.

For adverse possesion to apply you need to demonstarte that you have control over the asset and that you have attempted to own it to the exclusion of others. Also, the more you invest in the property the more you can show that you intend to own the property rather than just keep it. (I guess an alarm will also demonstrate the exclusion clause. :) ).

This would give a strong case (under UK law) for retention of the property. For land and buildings, after 10 years rightful ownership can be claimed by the "new" owner under Adverse Possesion. For a car the amount of time is less. Unfortunately I'm not sure what it would be.

Good, that's got that cleared up:D ;)

John

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Guy,

Good point about legal title. The law of Adverse Possesion does apply to more than just land and buildings although it has rarely been used in this vein. It would make an interesting legal precedent. Although I'm not sure I'd want to have to go this far just to try the legal argument!

Guess the best thing is keep quiet if you're not sure. Or make damn sure before you buy anything.

The 1882 Bills of Exchange Act. Hmmmm, you DO lead an exciting life!:D

I'm not sure we disagree, it's just that law in the UK is so complex and counter-argumentative that anything applies - depnding on who wants to apply it.

John

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have some information on a white '95 R33 GtR(Non V-Spec) which was stolen in late January '01.
Here it is:
Original Reg: M772 SGU
Chassis No: BNR33-002620
Milage: 17,200 to 17,500 miles

Distinguishing Marks:
-Cigarette burn on seat part of left passenger seat.
-Some plastic on the driver side door panel has been scraped away near the window/lock controls.
-The front lower spoiler had some paint damage caused by a speed bump which flaked off some paint.
-Just behind the rear No plate there is a small amount of paint damage where a motorbike fell over and cracked the rear No plate also flaking off some paint behind the No plate.
-The passenger side of the car had some old tyre weld stuck on it towards the rear,behind the passenger door where some kids covered the new CBR600 with it. It's slightly yellow and bumpy.

-Elliot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re passing information to HPI

Ok, if HPI aren't interested then I suggest you forward all relevant details to the BIMTA, http://www.bimta.com/ . They are offering a 'Certificate of Authenticity' service, basically you pay them, they check if your car was stolen in Japan (or has HP outstanding), and then if they later turn out to be wrong, they reimburse you the market value of your car.

If they have this list, it will be harder for any crooks to sell those cars on, and it will also help them in running this (IMO very worthwhile) scheme.

Anyway, worth getting in touch I reckon. The only email address I could see on the site is [email protected] .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts