GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals

Having attended the Asda on your marks and supercar charity events last year I picked up multiple stone chips on my Ultimate Silver bonnet.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go to have these invisibly repaired before I wrap the bonnet ready for both events this year?

Help appreciated.

Zagato Ian

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
If they are not too bad you could try doing it yourself with 'Chipex', have a look at their site and the tutorial vid its quite good I used it on mine. Before that I tried a couple of national places like chipsaway but they weren't interested. Perhaps whoever you are gong to use to wrap it can correct to paintwork beforehand.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmm.. Its not as easy to actually fill in and repair the chipstones depending on the how big they are.. Although it can be done, the finnish will not be 100% and in some cases it will stick out and look even worse than what it looked like with the chips..

My recommendation would be to respray the panels.. Should not cost you more than £250 for the front bumper.. Not sure about bonnet..

I had my front bumper resprayed and then detailed around 6 months ago, its almost impossible to tell it apart from the rest of the car :)

Need another re-spray soon due to excessive chip damage on the front.. Then will get the Crystal Serum put on :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hashlack and a Crafty blade

I had the bumper wrapped before the chips so no probs there, defo not a DIY person so chips away or valet magic ( who will do wrap for me) it is then. Not enough to warrant respray but enough to annoy me.

VM touched up a mark on my wing before a wrap and it stands out too much so Robbie is going to redo hopefully he can get a good US match this time and then he can do my bonnet chips.

Anyone else got any experience?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Paul at PWPRO can carry out a fill before wrapping as I've had contact with him about that before. Just another option and I know all have been delighted with his work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts