GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still cant make my mind up about having ventureshield fitted.Have seen a couple of cars with it fitted and im not convinced!!!Would it be better to live with the inevitable stone chips and spend the money saved on venture shield having the car sprayed when you come to sell, or live with the ventureshield and probably having to pay for its removal when you sell?? Does the ventureshield still mark when hit by the offending stones??Perhaps i need to see a car with ventureshield fitted by say Robbie at valet magic?? He seems to do an excellent job from the pictures ive seen!!!What are your thoughts??Do most GTR owners have it fitted????Cheers David A:confused:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have an 09 black/black edition, have done 18k miles & the stone chips are really bad now on the front bumper. Wishing I'd gotten protective film on the front from the offset now.

This summer I'll be ordering a new bumper and either getting full bayside blue respray (approx £3k) or similar colour wrap (quoted £1800). Either way, I'll be getting extra protection on the front bumper this time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have gone for the live with the stone chips and then respray at point of sale.

Kp

·
Registered
26,758 Posts
I have an 09 black/black edition, have done 18k miles & the stone chips are really bad now on the front bumper. Wishing I'd gotten protective film on the front from the offset now.

This summer I'll be ordering a new bumper and either getting full bayside blue respray (approx £3k) or similar colour wrap (quoted £1800). Either way, I'll be getting extra protection on the front bumper this time.
shout if you want a cheap bumper ;-)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have Armorfend on the Noble and would get it every time. Its always worked well for me, the car is 5 year old and has no signs of chips.

Someone mentioned that Ventureshield is even better than Armorfend, not sure if thats the true, but the principal is the same.

Just need to weigh up the cost of respray vs. shielding.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Got my eye on the Zele international front bumper so will be in touch at some stage :thumbsup:
Same here but can you still get them now they have gone tits up.

Kp

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Really fancy a Canary Yellow Wrap and roof , front and aero in carbon wrap. :smokin:

Can anyone photoshop this ??

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Hi David

I have a GTR in at the moment that will be getting the protection up front on wednesday.
Your more than welcome to pop over for a coffee and see it in the flesh :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks robbie, if the weather is as predicted, rain, and i cant go to work ill def come over.Ill let you know in advance , regards Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have Ventureshield on mine and am delighted with it - it has saved me twice in two months (from minor scrapes, rather than stone chips).

My brother-in-law had a few bits of his Elise done in Armorfend and it looks pretty good. The only thing that put me off Armorfend when I had to decide were a few stories about it taking the paint off with it at removal time. I don't know how serious these were, but they were sufficiently worrying to put me off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see your from Bucks, where did you have the ventureshield fitted?My GTR is also gun metallic!What panels did you have done ?? DA

·
Registered
73 Posts
I see your from Bucks, where did you have the ventureshield fitted?My GTR is also gun metallic!What panels did you have done ?? DA
The guy I used was Paintguard from Hampshire. Steve came out to Oxford to do the work. He did everything in front of the windscreen, the mirrors, 2 side panels (protection from hedges in country lanes) and the other door edge. All very reasonable too. If you're in the area you're welcome to come and have a look.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Had front end sprayed last week and ventureshield fitted on Friday, I cant bear the stonechips and like the car looking well all the time not just when I come to sell it- if ever.
Then can get some mileage on with confidence
mine got two big chips on its first week of ownership

·
Registered
198 Posts
mine is so dirty all the time i cant see any stone chips. Ive really got to start showing mine alot more love after listening to all of you.:puke:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Had front end sprayed last week and ventureshield fitted on Friday, I cant bear the stonechips and like the car looking well all the time not just when I come to sell it- if ever.
Then can get some mileage on with confidence
mine got two big chips on its first week of ownership
If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to get your front end re-sprayed & what colour?

I'm stuck between new bumper or re-spray at mo. I'd prefer to get the Zele front bumper but it's approx 900 squid and once painted and protection added on I reckon it's good for a couple of grand. If there's a big difference in price I reckon I'd settle for sand down, respray and protection.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Have most companys gone back to water based paint these days that is why cars scratch and chip as soon as they are on the road ,a good old hard twin pack paint is what's needed on a complete re spray I rekon .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts