GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

<INTRO>
Firstly let me say hello as I’ve just joined this forum today, despite owning my R32 GTR for the past 3 1/2 years - 18months of which were in Japan.

<HELP>
I’ve recently changed my clutch booster, and clutch hose (normal HEL braided to replace the complicated Nissan system). I’ve put everything back together, tried to ensure any important measurements (clutch booster rod length) were kept. Bled it using both the two person method, and managed to hook a syringe to extract fluid from the slave too. I now seem to have a condition where the first half of the clutch travel is only the spring resistance (light) and the second half to carpet (from what I can see) operates the clutch enough to disengage.

How do I get a normal clutch pedal back, it was fine before the new parts - any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Matt,
Did you find a solution to this?
The clutch on my R33 has just done the same but without any line etc being changed.
Same symptoms; first half is just spring resistance and second half operates the clutch enough to disengage.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Had a similar issue with my 34 when I went direct hardline.
A quick adjustment of the rod behind the pedal fixed my issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chris,
Mine went away after driving it for an hour. I was pretty certain it was air trapped in the Master as I’d let it run dry. It’s about 95% OK now, I think the 5% could be rectified by the adjustment mentioned above but it doesn’t both me.
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts