GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys this ones baffling me as nothing seems to point me to anywhere in particular.

So driving the car normally today. Stopped the car and when i turned it back on the rev counter, coolant temp and oil pressure gauges in the dial cluster stopped working. No lights on dials either apart from the indicators. The dials still light up when i turn side lights on though.

I couldnt do anything at the time as i was out so drove the car home.

After getting home i also found that the rear demister wasnt working, neither was the dash clock or electric windows.

I have since pulled the dash apart to see if it was a loose connection on the dials, which it isnt. Checked ALL fuse's and not a single one popped.

Where do i look next as i am completely stuck?

·
Registered
106 Posts
sounds like a earth problem some where on the back of the cluster not much of a electrician but I know that most of the components need a good earth including switches etc .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got a basic knowledge of electrics but this is beyond me at this point.

Im sure if the cluster had a poor earth then the problem would be soully there but seeing as the lights in the cluster work and the fuel gauge still reads then its got to be something else as its effecting the windows and dash surround switchs too

Anyone know what the relays in the boot are for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts