GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my car but one of the GTRs at a Supercar Experience company I instruct with. The car was not starting this morning but ran with a jump start, mechanics started investigating and found the alternator had broken down internally, they sourced one from a gtr breaker and fitted that but the problem persisted. Engine would run with a jump battery connected but as soon as it is disconnected engine stops, also MFD is operating but dashboard lights and gauges are dead apart from key symbol on the dashboard. I suggested the well known tracker situation which might have arisen because the battery was initially flat due to the faulty alternator but they believe the tracker has already been bypassed.
Any ideas from the forum?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Barry it's takamos son, that's not a tracking issue as it don't matter how you try and jump start the car it won't regardless. However I have seen similer issues on different cars over the years. You may find there is some broken fuses and a dead starter causing your issue, we had a few starters go faulty and they require extra power to work I would get that tested firstly. Then check the fuses as it sounds like a main ignition fuse is broke hence no dash lights ect.

Hope this helps
Farooq

·
Premium Member
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Farooq, much appreciated. I'll pass the message onto the guys this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts