GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
For some reason the on light throttle, the car comes out of 4th gear at about 5k.
Only does it in 4th, and as I say, only light throttle. Doesn't matter if I drop the boost, it still happens. At WOT, it's fine in every gear. This totally has me stumped. I've had the solenoid tray out, cleaned the solenoids. I've split the tray and cleaned inside and all the little filter and put new oil in.
I did think it could be a software issue as the car has recently had a stage 4 Motorsport map done so we reverted the gearbox software back to OEM 2012 software but it's no different.
Now it's been mentioned that my clutches could be on there way out, but I'm not so sure. I'd have though it wouldn't just be at light throttle if the clutch was the issue.
The car is a 59 plate Litchfield stage 4 with downpipes on a Motorsports map. Only done 26k. The gearbox circlips have also been done by litchfield prior to me purchasing the car.

Anyone have any ideas.
Cheers
John

·
Vendor
499 Posts
Does it pop out of gear (mechanically) or does it loose drive and put up warning lights? Faults and shows warning for clutch overheat?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it pop out of gear (mechanically) or does it loose drive and put up warning lights? Faults and shows warning for clutch overheat?
Hey Andy
No warning lights at all. Just seems to lose the gear. Gear indicator just goes blank. If I lift off the throttle for a second or 2, it goes into 5th and is fine. It's quite annoying when overtaking in auto, getting along side a car I'm passing and it coming out of gear.

·
Vendor
499 Posts
We'll be able to shed a little light on this for you, but may be a combination of issues. If you give the shop a call on 01925830889 we can talk you through a few options!

Reactions: rob2005
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.