GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The R35 went for an MOT today, when it came back it has a light which I have not seen previously, probably the MOT tester has switched something on when he was looking for the fog light switch.
It appears to be a shift light indicator of some description, it is a series of small green bars that flash in between 2500 revs and 3000 revs, over 3000 revs they are solid. The light is located in the rev counter section of the cluster and is directly below the number 3. The lights are about 1cm long, rectangular box shaped.
I would like to either switch it off or change it to a higher rev limit, flashing lights at 2500 revs are bit of a distraction! Anybody else seen this before?

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just found it in the manual, section 2-10. The MOT tester must have been pushing buttons which reset it to manual, I've now got it back to 6300 revs.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I tried them on mine but I didn't find them that useful tbh as they're not really in view when you're focussing intently on the road anyway. Shame as it would have been good ...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You can set them to various rev bands. I find them quite useful as a peripheral vision guide when you can short shift up or don't need to downshift whilst maintaining revs for a good torque level, without having to look at the dials at all. You can use them them like the F1 change up lights too to some extent.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Had a rev limiter on my old RB320, flashed a red light in the rev counter & sounded a tone when the desired rev limit was reached.
Found it useful & i'd set it 1000rpm prior to the red line, just as a bit of a warning ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts