GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my gtr33, where under light acceleration the car surges slightly (a bit like a missfire, but not). This usually happens where the level of acceleration is such that when the boost guage rises from -7 to 0 this problem occurs. On very low or high acceleration everything is ok, or when you rev the car at a stand still.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Does this happen when you get off the throttle? i.e. cruising along, and then let go off the throttle, does it do it then?

I get a hesitation like that, but haven't really inspected further....so just wondering if it could be the DV

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
i get it when im feathering the throttle ie just about giving it gas..annoys me as when im just driving along on the motorway lets say it has the little hesitation....Not so noticeable in town

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the dumpvalves are standard ones. when driving round town you dont really notice it. It occurs when you are on dual carriages / motorways where you have the throttle in a position to main the speed you are travelling. Releasing the throttle slightly or accelerating corrects it.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Doesnt make a difference if the dv's are std or not..they all work in the same way. I may have a second hand set for sale in a few days if you are interested which should eliviate the problem

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You can get this if one of the two O2 sensors fails, it makes the mixtures different on 3 of the cylinders at light throttle, when it's in closed loop. This mixture imbalance causes turbo imbalance, and turbo shuffle. may be worth having the 2 O2 sensors checked on either a `scope or a Consult.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts