GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my gtr33, where under light acceleration the car surges slightly (a bit like a missfire, but not). This usually happens where the level of acceleration is such that when the boost guage rises from -7 to 0 this problem occurs. On very low or high acceleration everything is ok, or when you rev the car at a stand still.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Does this happen when you get off the throttle? i.e. cruising along, and then let go off the throttle, does it do it then?

I get a hesitation like that, but haven't really inspected further....so just wondering if it could be the DV

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the dumpvalves are standard ones. when driving round town you dont really notice it. It occurs when you are on dual carriages / motorways where you have the throttle in a position to main the speed you are travelling. Releasing the throttle slightly or accelerating corrects it.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You can get this if one of the two O2 sensors fails, it makes the mixtures different on 3 of the cylinders at light throttle, when it's in closed loop. This mixture imbalance causes turbo imbalance, and turbo shuffle. may be worth having the 2 O2 sensors checked on either a `scope or a Consult.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.