GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is fitted with some type of Ohlins coilovers. I'm not sure which exact model. The front struts have small knurled brass adjusters at the top. I've not found the rears yet, but I have a starnge noise.
I can only describe it as the type of noise you would get if you put a marble in a small wooden box and shook it.
It comes from both sides at the rear, around where the top of the struts are and just in general driving, all of the time.

Anyone got any idea what it might be??

·
Registered
450 Posts
Take the rear seat back out and check the damper tops are tight to the chassis (two nuts / side) and the damper piston shaft is tight to the damper mount. If all ok check over all the suspension bushes and bolts.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, the learning curve begins again.
So the rear seats have to come out to expose the rear strut tops. Easy job?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Two torx bolts at the bottom for the bottom part. Just pull seat base.

And then 2 x 10mm bolts for the backrest. And then slide up and out (towards you)

You'll then need to remove the rear shelf. Remove the plastic clips (IIRC) you'll see what i mean on removal. And then slide towards you.

Hope that helps.....easy job!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just the back panel needs removing, leave the seat part in place. Takes just minutes to do... Use a 10mm socket on a 150mm extention. There's a single bolt each side, you will find them at the bottom outer part of the seat back. Push the seat part down to expose the bolts. Make sure you don't drop them. Once the two bolts are out force the seat back upwards (its held on a couple of hangers) mind the window. You will see the two damper tops there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts