GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 25th York racer has an annual street racer event for street legal cars, this year the winner gets £1000.

Some of the big power cars on here must stand a good chance.

Anyone entering ?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to the York raceway website

Valid MOT , V5 , street tyres, full exhaust, pump gas.

They seem to be the only rules.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What a surprise. It's an awesome car, no doubt - but street legal. Don't make me laugh :chuckle:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He had to run e85 instead of methanol and there is a lot of debate going on between the regulars at York around him getting a second chance with rolling the beams when in full stage ( just what I'm hearing) and the fact there was big intervals between rounds, were every other year it was a hot lap competition .

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
He had to run e85 instead of methanol and there is a lot of debate going on between the regulars at York around him getting a second chance with rolling the beams when in full stage ( just what I'm hearing) and the fact there was big intervals between rounds, were every other year it was a hot lap competition .
What time did he run mate?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw him run a couple of 8.6s , the track wasn't me best in the morning but was getting better all the time. I after a couple of rounds

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I though it smelled like he was on methanol but the York crew thought he was on E85

·
Registered
365 Posts
.. Rules permitted e85 , tyres ? almost anything bar Drag slicks , BUT PULLING A FU&&ING RED !!!??... are you kidding me ? Seriously ? Utter sham..

Lee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts