GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am curious, why are the moderators here so against street racing posts? To put things into perspective I have been driving for 20 yrs with no accidents Yet I have a fast car and open it up against "opposition" every now and again. No harm done.

I am not talking about serious street racing like you see in fast n furious either. You know, even putting yer foot down on the motorway stuff?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Because it's pointless. See the latest 'I thrashed a Scooby' post and the slating (followed by the locking) it received :p

Unless you have video evidence of a close battle with a fast Ferrari, or a bike, which would be mildly interesting but still frowned upon - go home :clap:

·
6,821 Posts
Sart side by side on the Nordschleife against a fast car, record it and post it, that's true racing spirit . . . . street racing is pointless and ony possible in a country like japan (where actually the mentality of the people racing, keeps the situation in a limit . . but still many accidents happen)
:mad:
I had around 10 midnight street race situations in japan in my life, but no idiotic residential area race. Aware that my oponent is just another passionated dude, and we will have a chat on the next red light . . .something utopic in europe, every body races to death . . .:(

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
gtrlux said:
street racing is pointless and ony possible in a country like japan (where actually the mentality of the people racing, keeps the situation in a limit . . but still many accidents happen)
Eh, what does that mean?

gtrlux said:
. . .something utopic in europe, every body races to death . . .:(
err, sorry but again you've lost me???

·
Registered
610 Posts
speedjunky said:
Am curious, why are the moderators here so against street racing posts? To put things into perspective I have been driving for 20 yrs with no accidents Yet I have a fast car and open it up against "opposition" every now and again. No harm done.

I am not talking about serious street racing like you see in fast n furious either. You know, even putting yer foot down on the motorway stuff?
Probably because most folk on here come accross as O.A.P's or you are just not part of the IN CROWD.
I'm sure i read one on here about a motorbike and a certain brightly coloured car and it sounded like everyone was happy about this race, not one bit of slagging off.
As said mate you need to be in the in crowd.:blahblah:

But you won't read any complaints from me about it as when i was looking for a car i wanted something as a fast road car so bought the skyline for a fast road car and thats what it's used for fast road action.I have a nice video i can send you of me beating a 911 turbo,never posted it on here as all the O.A.P's would moan about it :chuckle:

·
6,821 Posts
Cord said:
Eh, what does that mean?

err, sorry but again you've lost me???
Japanese people tend to be polite in first place to every body, that's the culture even if they don't want to. Meaning that you not need to worry to get a dangerous situation , defying other drivers on the street . . . if I would drive like this in europe, some dudes would follow me to the next stop and explode my face . . .
Not every body and every where like this in japan, but the guys you meet on the street are in 99.99% of case japanese, in europe you never know who will get behinde you , where he comes from and what's his temperament.

·
Registered
610 Posts
speedjunky said:
Gotta agree Car Killer, I read that same post yesterday...not a word against it like you say!! Funny that aint it!

Sent the vid to me mate, [email protected]
Just sorting things out now, i'll send you a link A.S.A.P :lamer: i'm good with cars but shite with computers..

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
car killer said:
Probably because most folk on here come accross as O.A.P's or you are just not part of the IN CROWD.
I'm sure i read one on here about a motorbike and a certain brightly coloured car and it sounded like everyone was happy about this race, not one bit of slagging off.
As said mate you need to be in the in crowd.:blahblah:

But you won't read any complaints from me about it as when i was looking for a car i wanted something as a fast road car so bought the skyline for a fast road car and thats what it's used for fast road action.I have a nice video i can send you of me beating a 911 turbo,never posted it on here as all the O.A.P's would moan about it :chuckle:
I think you'll find that it is rather more an opinion from regular experienced track users rather than clicky people as you say, but also as above, this forum as like many others, cant be held responsible for that sort of behaviour.
All that said, we all enjoy putting our foot down a bit, one of the reasons many people buy fast cars. Cant deny it, i've done, loads of others have done it, but there is a difference between putting your foot down a bit and stupidity on the roads.
I certainly dont agree with fast road racing in built up areas for obvious reasons, but the occasional blatt on the motorway, albeit no better in principle, is at least less of a risk of running someone over.
You can class me with the "oldies" if you like, seeing that i'm 38, but one day mate, it'll be an experienced 38 yr old saving your life. Lets see if you have a bit more respect then.......probably not.

·
6,821 Posts
. . . indeed running over somebody brings all raceboys with the feets on the ground again . . .but then it's too late.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am 37.

If I was gonna never floor my motor then whats the point in having it? I may as well get a micra and be done with it. But, I have a skyline. As such, giving the skyline some stick wherever it may be (road or drag strip) is still a valid topic. I never floor it in built up areas either, and if I was a crap driver then I wouldn't have a clean licence after nearly 20 years.

Are you telling me that none of these "regular experienced track users" have ever floored their motor on public roads? Also, if you class them as such then are they are clicky as Car Killer says? We do it on the track, shame on you for flooring on the roads and writing about it attitude, thats what gets my goat up.

There are many places where a "provider" cannot be held responsible for content because it is provided by a 3rd party. This is usually dealt with by a disclaimer," We (the forum moderators) cannot be held responsible for the views held by our readers/posters"?

Also, Car Killer still has a valid point about the bike and the bright car.....no problem with that on here huh?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
speedjunky said:
Am curious, why are the moderators here so against street racing posts?
Also because its pointless, there are many members on here who have proven that their cars are already very fast. Doing it on a public highway is just dangerous and fairly pointless when our roads are over congested and full of camera`s. You can bring your car along to a trackday and have alot more fun.

Primarily we are all here for our love of Skylines, and promoting them.
If every post on here was about us boasting of our street racing conquests it wouldn`t be long before we would be seen as a bunch of Max Power Chavs with our neons and Nos, and thats not what we are about.

Your welcome to come along to one of the meets, were not all oldies:)

·
Registered
646 Posts
I love street drag, when its done safely/properly.

Normally between a group of close friends.. about 15-20 of us in the middle of nowhere on the weekend.

But it is illegal, so really isn't fair to involve the forum with it.
The debate is endless on street racing, but I would be certain to the fact that 99.9% of GTR Owners " race " their cars on the street/road in one form or another, it's just how many of those who do are hypocritical.

I've never experienced a buzz quite like racing against a friend on an empty long industrial unit at 2 am, Santa Pod is never the same.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Speedjunky, you said in your first post you've never had an accident.. Well neither have i (at high speed, a few dings over the years pootling throught town). But other people arent so fortunate, i lost a good friend aged 21 (thats a few years ago now) due to street racing, as a matter of fact, the crash was so serious that all four occupants of the XR3i were killed.

Driving your car quickly on the public highway (which we ALL do from time to time) is, in my opinion safe to a certain degree (nice open dual carriageway, nobody else about etc), but the problem arises when two cars become involved and it becomes a race..

Risks are taken, and other peoples lives are put in jeopardy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Leggus, I am sorry to hear about your friend. I dont know the circumstances so I dont want to comment. But, it wont change the fact that most of us have a "dabble". As I have got older, in fact even when I was younger, I have known where to draw the line. I am not saying I am 100% foolproof, but its done me well for near 20 yrs.

An open dual carriageway etc. like you say, no-one around...no worries. And to a point I would be competetive, but I wont risk life and limb.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
scw02102 said:
It doesnt bother me
lets be honest we all haven't gone out and bought fast cars to never put your foot down.
Then spend thousands on mods and extra bhp to use once a month for 20mins on a track
Come on everyone has the odd day when the cars gets a blast up the road in a safe environment
Everybody has driven at illegal speeds, you know that time when you get onto an open road and that little devil in your head is saying go for it.
But street racing is very different your not on an "empty road" because there is another car and they are both trying to win, and thats when it can get dangerous.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
speedjunky said:
Also, Car Killer still has a valid point about the bike and the bright car.....no problem with that on here huh?
Dont know, haven't seen it, and cannot really say that i'm that bothered really, but what i'm trying to say is that i do agree to an extent that we all stick our foot down. I've done it so many times i've lost count, but it is still a far cry from 2 people racing against each other with the intention of not letting up till the other gives up....thats where silly mistakes get made and unfortunate accidents turn nasty.
Even lettting it rip on a quiet road without the help of someone to race can lead to disaster...as proven from the recently wrecked Murci in the Czech republic recently, but we all still do it. I just wouldnt race someone intentionally on the street, and i certainly wouldnt post vids etc of me doing it either.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts