GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
nice one dave:clap: i suppose you can say that we grow out off racing about on the streets BUT THEN AGAIN THAT MAKES US SOUND LIKE O A P,S but it,s true we all think we can drive fast and i suppose some of us probably can ,but i think some people think that if there driving a skyline there going to pass every thing they come across,but that just shows how little thay know,last year at the ring i had a proper race with a skoda fabia vrs,in my r33gtr with about 600bhp .on the straights a was way faster ,but on every corner he could out brake me and catch me up,ok in the end i beet him back to the end.got talking to the guy who owned it ,then he offered to take me out and show me the lines.WOW what a eye opener once we got to the top straight it was foot to the floor all the way round,the guy was so smooth all the way round it was unberleavable,as you know dave better than most theres a lot more to it than just putting your foot down,at SPA in april this year there were two 911,s going round and you just cant put it into words how fast they where and the speed through the corners that they could carry PS DAVE went to oliver mount sunday what a good day out ,dont know if you know the guy in the saffire cossy(magenta)he was seriously fast again:) NISMOMAN

·
Registered
160 Posts
speedjunky said:
Am curious, why are the moderators here so against street racing posts? To put things into perspective I have been driving for 20 yrs with no accidents Yet I have a fast car and open it up against "opposition" every now and again. No harm done.

I am not talking about serious street racing like you see in fast n furious either. You know, even putting yer foot down on the motorway stuff?

Im sorry if this is a sensitive subject but have you tryed to tell a parent/family/friend that a loved one is harmed or worse becuase you thought "putting your foot down now and again no harm done" had they being doing speed limit they may have had a chance?.. .Cars can be dangerous at any speed and not always driver error how ever you will have more chance of car controle at lower speed or speed limits then high speed. Speed limits are there to protect everyone if you want to put your foot down pay your money and go track/drag racing what a waste to keep a skyline on just the road an not experince what the cars were built for.:flame:

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
speedjunky said:
If I was gonna never floor my motor then whats the point in having it?
There's a big difference between speeding and road racing though. It's perfectly possible to speed 'sensibly' and appropriately to the conditions. Racing is inherently more dangerous, and justifiably gets you an instant ban. As of a few months ago, it will also get your car seized. If something goes wrong, it can also land you in jail.

Still, at least you weren't dumb enough to post a video of yourself racing on a public highway...

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
How many forums for say Ferrari or Lambo ,TVR , etc post up I beat a Scooby or I thrashed an Evo type thread ,it's aload of bollox ,most of the guys that own these sort of cars dont really care about that sort of thing ,with the GTROC I should imagine it's the same really . Nice Skyline ,nice power and some fukwit with his dipstick mates in a Nova or Saxo comes up your a,ss to pass you ,who cares ,they may go to to the loacl pub afterwards and get the Kleenex out bragging to all their mates about it ,total crap. There are chav sites like Cruise Lincs that are full of Saxo stuff and 17 year old petrolheads that belive all the Fast n furious stuff,they the ones that talk about road racing because they dont have the car or power at that age to really overtake even Mr White van man .Most people and long time Skyline owners on here know when and how to have a good time with there car with out posting about racing on the streets .

Saying to Mr Plod "I'm driving my car like it's meant to be driven because it's a Skyline " when you just got pulled for street racing or 80 mph in a 40 zone or whatever is really gonna get you nothing more than a ban :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Go on a track and have fun there (getting a car track prepped is a good project in itself)

If you do drive quickly don't bring it up here

I wouldn't want to be responsible for leaving little 5 year old Joey parentless cos I thought the track was boring,

I am not a murderer

Nuff Said

Sev

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
99% of people who say

"Im a good driver - Ive been driving XX years and never had an acciedent or points" are just heading for an even greater one when their luck finally does run out imho often with horrendous consequences.

Theres little point telling everyone on an internet forum about how you beat down on a scooby as that is what is expected of a GTR. If you say you caned a Ferrarri then to be fair thats not exactly hard either is it unless its an Enzo or an F40. The only person you are bragging for is yourself, so why not just look in the mirror telling yourself how wonderful you are whilst knocking one out over your sisters picture and let the rest of us get on with our lives without wasting time reading about your Vin Diesel syndrome.

If you were a "real" street racer you.....

A) Wouldnt want to advertise the fact

B) Wouldnt want evidence for the pointy hats to find

C) Wouldnt be of the persuasion that then needs your ego massaged on tinterweb.

D) would probably be out racing rather than logging on

Oh - and take it to the track, as I cant remember the last person I heard saying "That Micheal Schumacher cant drive for shyte, I could have him in my Skyline ya know !!" If you find it boring then its only your own driving you have to blame !!

j.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
God damn Bladey, it's nice to have you back. :)

speedjunky said:
why are the moderators here so against street racing posts?
To put things into perspective, many of our users don't like these posts.

Also, I find it hard to comprehend why you would ask a debatable question like this, then react when you get peoples opinion which differs from your own, by posting a picture which clearly suggest we all have our heads up our arses. Are you a troll ?

Read Bladey's post again, with a Scottish accent, if you want to know what I think. ;)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Bladey has hit the nail on the head really, don't need to add anything more I don't think.

Also, I hadn't seen the Lemon vs bike thread before, that's been locked too. Sorry, but the policy is the same for everyone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I am sorry but to convict people of killing someones child before the event, which in my view is very unlikely is a little premature dont you think???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Also, I can understand a lot of talk about living by a quarter mile. But how long does that last, 8-13secs at a time, I know my missus wouldn't be happy with that!!! :) I would prefer a dabble at a proper race, not just a track day racing againsst yourself, a proper one. For that there's the cost, time, travelling etc...not all of us can afford all of those things.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
stu0x said:
Still, at least you weren't dumb enough to post a video of yourself racing on a public highway...
Post of the week.

Now, I'M REALLY GETTING PI55ED OFF with this stupid 'in-crowd' comment that people have started to make, normally right at a point when they realise nobody agrees with them.

Doesn't matter what we say on this forum as part of a disclaimer.
We are partners with the GTROC and cannot be seen by the governing bodies to promote, entertain or endure any discussions regarding illegal activities. If you are too stupid to want the world to see you admitting to absurd illegal pursuits, then really you shouldn't be put near a computer because like it or not, you're going to get arrested one of these days.

Everybody speeds, that is a given, but only idiots chose to race each other in a public environment. I've seen first hand the effects of racing and can happily say that street racing is a taboo topic on this forum.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Would you like a cup of tea sweetheart? :)

I agree totally, too many people are killed on our roads by people who are incapable or untrained in how to handle a vehicle at speed or are just plain stupid / simple.

Just so to clear one more thing up.

Is posting videos of other losers street racing in other countries against the founding principles of this forum?

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Best thing about this thread are the posts where Dave told me I'm a slow driver.
Food for thought. Maybe I will venture out on track as I only really like driving fast on Euro trips and they are now too few and far between.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Durzel said:
Also, I hadn't seen the Lemon vs bike thread before, that's been locked too. Sorry, but the policy is the same for everyone.
This thread has not been locked;)

I had not seen the lemon vs bike thread either.

Wayne is not on here to get his ego massaged but enjoys his street racing and I guess thinks he is not doing a lot wrong and thinks us old fuddyduddys for not agreeing.

A lot of people think drink driving is ok but trying posting that you did it and got away with it and watch the response:chairshot

·
Administrator
31,512 Posts
As a hot headed youth, after a night out to a car show about 5 years ago, i actually raced my fiance'e, both in our Punto's

she pulled onto the local "fast road" and nailed it.

i followed and went after her.

at about 70 mph i managed to pull out and pass her.

then, about a mile up the road, and we were doing well over a ton, there is a slight kink in the road.

i lifted off and set the car up for the bend

she didn't

The sight of her car fish-tailing in my rear view mirror is a memory that makes me go cold to this day.

Only her instincts to catch the swerve, and a lucky curb kiss stopped her hitting tree's, or dropping down a 30ft drop, without that luck, she would have been killed for sure, as it was, only her Ego was bruised.

all at over a tonne.

Try that, then re-evaluate why street racing is frowned upon.

mook

41 - 60 of 64 Posts