GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be buying an rb26 block in about 2 weeks and i was wondering if i should get a stroker kit for it or if i should just leave it at 2.6 (because of what i have read). im a huge fan of nismo products and am wanting to stay with nismo as much as possible. my goal is to make a fast skyline about 400-500 hp. another question i have is can i just drop the stroker kit in or do i have to bore out the engine? i like the mines idea of keeping it as stock as possible and thats what i plan on doing. any input is welcome

·
Registered
366 Posts
your gonna get 100 posts from both sides of the fence....

I vote keep 2.6L

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
for that level of power it's not really worth the cost involved, unless you really are after the absolute maximum low end torque you can get.
i'm running 450ish at the minute and it's great on the 26.

have to say i am toying with a stroker kit or an RB30 for my new build though. decisions.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
for that power level a stroker kit is not really required. you basically bordering on stage 2 mods to get that kind of power.

Stroker kits can be expensive depending on the type you use. Do a search on here as there are loads of threads debating this.

There are 2,7 kits and 2,8 kits which seem to be the more practical. You don't even want to look at an OS Giken 3 LITRE kit unless you going over 1000 bhp.

The torque increase is very nice on the stroker kits but not really an issue at 500bhp. you would probably feel short of torque on a 2,6 above 600bhp.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You can purchase steel crank, rods and pistons in stad dimension to keep the 2.6 setup. You will then have a bullet proof 500bhp or so and have a lot more power on tap.

Gez

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Gez said:
You can purchase steel crank, rods and pistons in stad dimension to keep the 2.6 setup. You will then have a bullet proof 500bhp or so and have a lot more power on tap.

Gez
Total overkill for 500 bhp.

Phil

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can make 920hp/720kw at all 4 with 2.6l That is the power mark jacbson made at gold coast auto salon this year. ( 50hp Shot fogger n2o)
Cant wait till bribane salon the car will make over 1000hp (at the wheels all 4) on the 2.6l Case closed

P.S. his quikest tim is 9.39 @ 147 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts