GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get exhaust smell inside the car when driving hard, is it normal? Aircon and windows up helps a bit but still noticeable.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Hmm....would not have said so....don't get a smell in mine....have you had after market exhaust fitted....might be leaking a bit??

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Might be worth visit to HPC to make sure its not leaking somewhere...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Never came across this before, get yourself to a HPC, exhaust fumes are very dangerous mate don't take any chances

·
Registered
7 Posts
"I get strong smell of fuel but only when have window open"

Had this also when driving hard recently on hot day. Is this normal?

·
Registered
797 Posts
get the same strong petrol smell from my car too pretty normal i think on a hot day after a spirited drive :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
get the same strong petrol smell from my car too pretty normal i think on a hot day after a spirited drive :D
i had the same problem when i first got my car in 2009 and was worried. the smell of petrol inside the car was so strong i had to put the windows down. i got it checked over in nissan and they mentioned some reason but didnt seem entirely sure.

since then it still happens occasionaly after i've been driving hard. for example, if i park up the car for 5 mins to go in the shop after hard driving and then get back in the car i get a whiff of petrol inside but nothing too strong. tends to stop after a few minutes...

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
you might open your backseats as there are the fuel pump connections. please smell again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts