GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried taking my passenger side A pillar out last night and could not undo the 2 screws tried everything but they would not budge. I wont be putting the handle back on so tried drilling hem but the drill did bugger all! Need to get them out tonight and was hoping for some ideas or suggestions on best drill bit i can buy to get them out!

Please help!

Ben

·
Registered
728 Posts
I cant see how the screw/bolt is stronger than a drill bit. Either you have a really cheap set of drill bits from argos or your drill is going the wrong way..... Sorry this is of no help to you what so ever but at least now you have had a reply...

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
try tightening it first or failing that an impact driver. They are remarkably tight!

Simon

·
Registered
365 Posts
ADAM M said:
I cant see how the screw/bolt is stronger than a drill bit. Either you have a really cheap set of drill bits from argos or your drill is going the wrong way..... Sorry this is of no help to you what so ever but at least now you have had a reply...
hardened screws being drilled with a HSS drill bit aint guna happen. not sure if those screws are hardened or what material though. B&Q sell those handy things for getting damaged screws out with, not sure what there called or anything

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Get the right size bit. You'd be surprised by the definition of right. Check it out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
bomberGTR said:
hardened screws being drilled with a HSS drill bit aint guna happen. not sure if those screws are hardened or what material though. B&Q sell those handy things for getting damaged screws out with, not sure what there called or anything
I wouldnt have thought the screws in question were hardened, hence my reply.
If you have already tried drilling then the screw head should now be damaged so you will probably just have to butcher the head off and drill the thread out....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts