GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes Rear Strut Bar for the R34 ?

is it safe to run 18x9 front 18x10 rear ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nismo,

The R34 come stock with a rear strut bar, and it is hidden behind a panel, do you want to replace it to save weight?

I don't think any company make a rear strut bar for the R34, I could be wrong though. Check with Cusco, they are most likely to have it.

Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PeterE, GuyRatcliffe

Even if I pull the fuse to change to rwd ??

bnr34vspec2

Nismo makes for front no rear then I guess I should contact
nissan dealer for rear :mad:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Rims

Hold on guys.

Nismo is saying that he want to run 18x9's and 18x10's.Therefore the rims are the same diameter and thus the only differance is the width of the rims.I think it might not matter or maybe just make it a little strange on the limit as it was !Do we have any rim/tyre experts on the board ?

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Nismo,

You can run 18x10s or 19x10s front and rear on the 34. This is part of what Mario had to say on the subject in a previous thread:

"ATTESA requires that all the wheels and tyres are identical. The same grip level and rolling diameter.

One of the common mistakes that people make is using different tyres (grip levels) and different sizes (your fronts and rears should be the same size, width and height) as any small changes will drastically affect how ATTESA interprets its input.

Tyre choice is also important. If you use crap tyres, don't be surprised to see the 4WD system doing strange things. You bought a performance car, so go out and use performance tyres."

The fuse/rwd idea is from what I can gather is at best a myth and at worst a quick way to fry your clutch packs. Even it was possible, why would you want to lose the benefits of Attessa for the sake of an extra inch at the rear?

Peter.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I'll have to second that....use same size tyres/whees f/r.
I see this crazy looking R33 with a full LM bodykit at my Nissan dealer....it has 315 X 18 front and rear!!!:eek: Crazy stuff!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Man, 315 X 18 tyres size is what I dream about at night :eek:

Now we are at this tyre size subject, I got a question for all you expert.

I see most R34 GTR use either 265/35/18 or 275/35/18 or 275/30/19 with 18x9.5 or 18x10 or 19x10 size rims. But with my calculation, actually 285/35/18 or 285/30/19 is much closer in overall diameter to the stock 245/40/18, am I right? If I am right, then how come noone seem to use the 285 width tyres? Is it because there is not enough room in the wheel well?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know much being in the U.S.A :(

Thanks!

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts