GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an excellent evening, Only posted a handful .. more to follow.

Better laid plans of mice and men and all that .... shame we got moved on ... but still an outstanding turnout of Japanese machines

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That's excellent Ben. A great collection of real road bruisers :) Thanks to all of those who attended and I'm grateful for the patience shown by all who came along. Getting moved on from one venue is bad enough, when we nearly got kicked out of the second>>>>>> I would add that everyone showed massive restraint in the circumstances. Most of the cars had over 400bhp and no-one let us down! Top stuff chaps. More pictures to follow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great pics Ben........you got your ole girl loooking very clean:) :)

That was a great night..........the cars that turned up where all outstanding:cool: :cool:

It was great to meet so many top blokes and put many a name to a face....scott (sdminus) and Ian (323Ian):clap:

And for those that drove to Thetford...........what about the storm!!!!!! The downside of one headlight was highlighted...lmao

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good pics so far Ben, the look on your face when I drove down the country road with you following and your car getting filthy.......priceless !! I'll learn not to have the window open when there are puddles around and cars coming the other direction lol

I was amazed how quickly the farmer came to move us on from the 1st place. He must have been camping in the car !!! Watching him reverse rather quickly when Stuart was walking towards him was funny...think he was scared !!!

Great evening, what a turnout and some amazing motors there, the noise that all the cars made whn driving on the bypass was incredible !!!

We got caught in the thunderstorm driving back too, it was amazing, although country roads driving back in pitch black with heavy rain on the windscreen was 'fun' !!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol ... we struggled on the way home .....:)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I had a great night and was good to meet you all for the first time.
Big thanks goes to the organisers of the meet.
What a sight it must have been on the road with all those skylines in a convoy!
Must say the storm was not much fun!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car went from bling to dustbin in about 10 mins in the rain - she's now sat looking very sad in the garden

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I got up at 6am the next morning to clean mine as i swore it would never go out in the rain!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol ... I know ... me too - and it was the worse Rain I've ever seen in my life - well apart from a downfall in bangkok I got caught in.

P.s. I've got more pics of your car ... send me your address and i'll mail you the orginals tonight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi guys..........

Pity I missed it - where was it advertised :bawling:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
To be honest Mark, this was something that Ben and I threw together at very late notice and judging by the turn out, that was the correct decision :)

We will be holding another meet probably late August with the date and venue to be confirmed. PM me for more details.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mark, it came about as an idea last week to get a few cars for a photoshoot - then somehow 5 cars became 20

·
Registered
72 Posts
No problem guys - Pm'd you both :clap:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'm thinking of something similar in the stripe dept for my 33, I was wondering how high maintenance they are and how much they cost.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Stuart

Thanks for inviting me to this event, it was good to meet up with you all.

Ben

you took some good photos.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sean said:
I'm thinking of something similar in the stripe dept for my 33, I was wondering how high maintenance they are and how much they cost.
I can have some sets of these ready in the next 2 weeks. The 2 sides and the bonnet one. I can pass you name on to the designer if you like and you could buy direct from him. You need to speak to Gary at Xtreme Gaphix - 07796 333163.

He can do any 3 colour combination in 7 yr life vinyl, but of course the right colour is red, black and silver.

The design that he has was copied off the R34 z-tune?

Nik

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
NikWilson said:
I can have some sets of these ready in the next 2 weeks. The 2 sides and the bonnet one. I can pass you name on to the designer if you like and you could buy direct from him. You need to speak to Gary at Xtreme Gaphix - 07796 333163.

He can do any 3 colour combination in 7 yr life vinyl, but of course the right colour is red, black and silver.

The design that he has was copied off the R34 z-tune?

Nik
Thats Brilliant cheers for that!

Are there any bonnet pics available?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts