GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
not wanting to hack apart the dash to put in an ugly rocker switch for the fog light i bought a light up toggle switch from halfords, removed the cigar lighter and insulated it, plugged in my road angel and left it tucked away behind the dash, found a washer the same size as the hole bolted my switch to it, painted it and used some double sided sticky trim tape to keep in place, very secure and looks far better than the big rocker switch i had.

the light i just replaced the offside reversing bulb with a red for light bulb and fed the wires through to the switch.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No no no no no Mava!!! :eek: I put mine on the original fog light switch on the right hand side of the speedo cluster, next to the rear screen heat switch. Just take it out and find the switched and permanent lives etc, and wire it in that way.

Takes a bit of time but it works exactly how you want it....and no dodgy looking switches. Unless of course thats your bag?!! :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mava, did you say you just fitted a red bulb in the reverse light or did you change the lens aswell/instead?

Also, seeing as you have been messing about with the cigarette lighter, do you know the location of the fuse? Mine isn't working...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just changed the bulb, was going to mess about with standard fog light switch but it has to have a warning light when lit and would still have to put an led in dash so figured this was easier option.
cant remember off hand which fuse is for the cigar lighter but its under the dash, on mine i wired up another cigar lighter behind the console to plug in my road angel looks really neat not having wires everywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts