GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spotted this in Auto-Trader.

NISSAN SKYLINE GTR V-SPEC MANUAL
2.6L 4WD 4 wheel steer, 780bhp available (3 atmospheres of boost), ceramic induction system, stainless exhaust uprated in Japan, 57,000 kms, (35,000 miles), full Nismo car featured on top Gear & Max power, 200 plus mph poss, Cat 1 alarm & immobilizer £19995.

LIMIT CORPORATION

Tel: 01673 885572
Distance: 141 miles
Price: £19,995

I rang them and they knew virtually nothing about the car and had no detailed specifications or invoices at all. I think from what I gathered it is the car we have seen before with the 800bhp sticker on it that runs stock injectors.

3 Atmospheres of boost is not even run on the drag cars in Japan.

Cars with claims like this shame the efforts of the true big bhp cars.

Guy

·
Registered
520 Posts
I saw this in the trader months ago when I was looking for a car.

3 bar of boost and ceramic induction. Wow!

It's idiots like this that put doubt in peoples minds for cars actually do produce good BHP figures.

·
Registered
253 Posts
can they not be done for Trade descriptions????

I think so, maybe someone should pursue this, what do you reckon?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adverts

I have spoken to Middlehurst Sales who knew nothing about this car, despite the claims from Limit Corporation that Middlehurst knew the car.

I will speak to Andy Middlehurst tommorrow (he is testing today) to see if they do know the car and they are happy that their name is being used as verification of the cars potential.

This type of mis-description and claim makes me very angry (cue incredible hulk music) as it insults the many owners of genuinely powerful cars that have spent £30k to £50k+ to get less claimed power.

Guy

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stupid Advert

I think that the firm selling it have no idea about the car or what it has or hasn't got and have been duped by the previous owner, but it makes you wonder what dealer would make such claims without any proof whatsoever (they have none - I asked).

They actually told me it was an R34 until I persuaded them that the one in the picture was definitely an R33.

Guy

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fkn Idiots I think they have dropped themselves into some serious shit if they are advertising something that is not what they say!!!

Maybe its not there fault they do sound a bit "Deliverence" if you know what I mean but hey shit happens what if some poor soul buys it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
There was a thread about this...

... a while ago, the car has been for sale for ages.

The ad is very misleading and I thought the car belonging to someone from the 'max'd car club' or something... But I could be wrong :mad:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah it must be GTR32's car. He has probably removed some of the bits off it before selling it, such as the still turbos.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Nah its his NEW R33 Version... It has LOADS of Mods... An Exhaust, Still Turbos and 500BHP Shot of NOS.... HEHEHE! Oh and the new NISMO Spec Induction Kit... Made out of a Empty Coke Bottle and Desktop Fan...

Its 768BHP Cause Andy at Middlehurst Says So...!

Wanna Buy it?...

Why Do you want to see it?

But OWN the Car i DO!

:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
PEGLEG said:
Yeah it must be GTR32's car. He has probably removed some of the bits off it before selling it, such as the still turbos.
Rapier-like wit there Ged. ;)

"Still turbos" indeed. :smokin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
HAHA

please note when delivery of this car is made it will be sold running only 2 atmospheres of boost !!!! (apparently)

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi all,

3 bars of boost with ceramic induction system is definitely possible, the ad didn't specified that combination would work together and the engine will hold in one piece :rolleyes:

It is really funny when the guy selling the car don't even know if it is a R33 or a R34.

Jeff

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes Durzel.
Those still turbos are the DB's.
As you know they generate boost from standing still!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Maybe we have found out Rocket Ronnies Secret weapon... Still Turbos... I want some if they get you off the mark as good as that... :D

S

·
0 Posts
I went to a nightclub once that had three atmospheres of boost.
You needed serious pharmaceutical assistance to reach the third atmosphere.
I suspect the person writing that ad was similarly chemically enhanced ;)

Yours with a wobbly dancefloor,

1 - 20 of 30 Posts