GTR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
800bhp????

I spoke to Andy Middlehurst today and he confirmed that they didn't know the car and laughed similarly at the claims made.

I shall monitor AutoTrader, to see if this advert continues, as I would hate to think that a potential GTR owner could be deceived into purchasing the vehicle based on false representations.

Guy

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Aren't Autotrader (or anyone for that matter) under an obligation to ensure the information they carry is correct. I accept there are disclaimers and all that but I'm sure there is something along the lines of a duty to ensure information is accurate. Perhaps a quick call to Autotrader wouldn't go amiss

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
AutoTrader

I doubt thet are liable, since they carry many thousands of adverts and can't possibly verify any claims, regarding a vehicle, ie colour, power, mileage, owners, condition etc etc

Guy

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm sure Autotrader's response would be that they advertise what they are given, so the responsibility for invalid information would fall onto the person placing the advert. In this case the dealership selling the car. When I've placed adverts with them they just ask for what you want the advert to say and never question what I give them.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
But if they know its dodgy they have to pull the advert for future publications. If they don't they are knowingly perpetuating a fraud.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Re: There was a thread about this...

polarbearit said:
... a while ago, the car has been for sale for ages.

The ad is very misleading and I thought the car belonging to someone from the 'max'd car club' or something... But I could be wrong :mad:
I posted the thread about this car when I first joined....im looking to buy a nice r33, preferrably with a few mods. I was very suspicious of the car and didnt persue it.

I've been into all sorts of fast cars for ages, but the mythical skyline can catch you out, thats why I joined..to meet cool peeps, and learn as much as poss!! :) :)

Keep talkin........and I'll keep learnin!!:cool:

James

P.S. Mycroft is one switched on mo-fo !!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
So is this car being sold through trade or by an individual. I remeber this motor when I was looking for a 33. Like I said earlier on the thread if it is trade then they have Sht the bed already and maybe Guy as our leader and man in the know could contact the local trading standards and have the " dont know if its a 33 or 34" numb nuts sorted. I bet you a pound to a penny that they know exactly that what they are saying is a far cry from what is actual.

On a nother side to this I am starting to feel a bit sorry for the car......Weird I know but it sound like it needs a good home and some TLC. At the end of the day it is a 33 what type I dont know but maybe it needs rescuing from its brain dead owners for the right price and then left to graze on a track somwhere.

I am going to start a refuge for mistreated skylines, where they can be nursed back to their former glory. what do you think???

Chris

21 - 30 of 30 Posts