GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

Firstly hello guys! and i hope im not asking a stupid question! :chairshot

Im 6ft 5" and have spiky hair (only like a few cm's), would i fit in any skylines is my basic question!? Anybody else quite tall and fit?

Its a POSSIBLE car to look at in the future, but its not that easy to just find one and sit in it.. Im currently a Honda nut, and if i went turbo, it would probably be a skyline or such like.

Cheers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I'm 6ft 2in and have loads of extra room in mine (R33 GTR), the 33 is the biggest of the 32,33 and 34. Wouldn't like to try a 32 at your height as I feel a bit cramped in my mates 32 GTR:nervous:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ok,

Firstly hello guys! and i hope im not asking a stupid question! :chairshot

Im 6ft 5" and have spiky hair (only like a few cm's), would i fit in any skylines is my basic question!? Anybody else quite tall and fit?

Its a POSSIBLE car to look at in the future, but its not that easy to just find one and sit in it.. Im currently a Honda nut, and if i went turbo, it would probably be a skyline or such like.

Cheers!
Hi and welcome Leon,
Im 6" 4" and over 18 stone and still have plenty of room so you should be okay. If your anywhere near you can give it a try yourself just to ,make sure.

John

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
get a hair cut :p

don't pick a gts-t with a sunroof as you'll loose a bit of headroom

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I'm 6ft 3" and fit OK into an R32GTR... I do have long legs which can be a bit of a squeeze around steering wheel though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well mate , im 6.5 and 19 stone and im as snug as a bug in a rug in a r32 gtr, i was a bit dubious like you but happily suprised by the head and leg room when i finally got a sit in one.
I wouldnt worry one little bit mate, i assure you ull fit nicley.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool!

Thanks for the info guys, and cheers for the offer Sloath, but im near Norwich mate :confused:

Stupid question, but due to price, id probably be looking ata R32 if anything?

I keep seeing hundreds of versions and "import" and all sorts, its confusing me. Is there a simple quick/fast UK based one? or are they all imports?

I keep hearing of RB25 engine is it?
How reliable are these engines? With my honda i can just service it every 6k, and drive it at 8000rpm daily without a complaint, and its at 91k now and comrpession test was as if it had just came out the factory! :)

Never owned a turbo, so a bit nervous about reliability? What are the engines like with high mileage? Insurance grouping?

Sorry, parkers wasnt very handy with anythinng like the R32.

Cheers and thanks for your helpful replys! Much appreciated! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
99 Posts
You might find having a play around with the Search facility (near the top of the page) should help with some preliminary research :thumbsup:

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Uh oh... I am 6'8 225 and I fit OK in my R34 GTR...little tight around the wheel, but if I didnt like the Airbag I would put a smaller Diameter on and be good!

Due to the bolstering of the seats I am not comfortable in my car for long drives...but what can a guy do???

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
6'8 ? Daaaamn....was you born in a grow bag ;)

I've got tons of head room in my R32....am only 5'10 so that might explain it ;)

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I've got tons of head room in my R32....am only 5'10 so that might explain it ;)[/QUOTE said:
Youre a giant compared to Nobby666 on here ,he drives a GTR and is only about 2 foot tall he has a child seat fitted in the front for himself,in fact he gets mugged by pigeons when he goes for a walk in the park.:chuckle:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
6'9'', 17stone, and i was able to fit into james (hudson i think it is, the D1 drifter) skyline R32 GTR, with roll cage and a helmet.

dont be a kitty cat if you dont fit in there, get a pair of bride recliners and bolt it straight on the floor!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Great question LeonR, as I am 6'5'' I have been wondering this as well.
No point ngetting all worked up about buying a car only to find you dont fit in it.

pds1 are you being serious about being 6'8 and fitting in the R34 GTR ok??

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
pds1 are you being serious about being 6'8 and fitting in the R34 GTR ok??
I am serious...actually stalked a guy in Japan before I bought mine...communicated that I wanted to sit in it (he let me) moved the seat and wheel and was like COOL!

Yes I can fit...not as comfy as my 750iL though:) I tend to not drive much over 2 hours at a stretch if I dont have to though...as I like to get out and "stretch"! So to speak!

See ya!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, i had a look at insurance and stuff, and i think its a NONO for the moment :squintdan

Currently got a EK4 Vti (160bhp), which is amazing fun to drive, and a real buzz with the 8000rpm revs etc..

If i fancied some turbo action, ive allways had a soft spot for skylines, unfortuantly, the insurance for them is a killer....im 23, 4ncb

My qoutes are comming back well over £1000.

I guess skylines are pretty much as quick as you get as far as legal road cars go though?

ill have to have a rethink in a year or so maybe :flame:

Cheers for help guys, im sure the thread may of helped overs tho!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts