GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may seem like a stupid question but i have to ask it.here go's whats the difference between a gtr and a vspec is it cosmetic or is the power output different? please forgive my ignorance.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
They are both GTR's

The V-Spec is lower, with stiffer suspension, and the ATESSA-ETS system reacts quicker (alledgedly 1/1000th second instead of 1/100th). Its also setup to behave slightly differently.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
You could say that some of it is cosmetic, eg the V-Spec badge on the back;):D
Only joking, if you notice on the picture I have attatched, the blue one is a v-spec ll by the way, but the front splitter is the same as the V-Spec. On the normal GTR the splitter doesn't have some of the vent's on the splitter, which the V-Spec has.

-Elliot

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
I may be wrong, but I allways thought that they were called V-spec, due to the Venturi System under the car???

Dunno??

Si

·
Registered
905 Posts
Why bother searching when we can ARGUE!!!! Its more fun Lee you gotta admit!!

Si;)

PS Just looked and all the info is there, youre quite right Lee, glad to see my knowledge hasn't corroded too much!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys this info really helped alot(for insurance purposes) quite a bit of difference in premiums between the two.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i know

a v-spec has a active limited slip disc and it handles a little better and you can find out by looking on the speedo and seeing weather there is a text with A-LSD on there with a light underneath and the light comes on and turns off when you start the car to let you know that it is ok:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts