GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but i'm getting a little worried....

I thought skylines were awd....thats why i'm making the transition from subaru to skyline as I want to stay with awd.....but I understand it goes from rwd to awd when loosing traction???
how does it feel to drive then??
do you have the rwd fear and prey the awd kicks in?
is it noticable?

:sadwavey:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I raced my brothers sapphire cossie and thats rwd my r32 kicked his **** in wet the awd drive kicked in and away i went, i have no fear in the wet as i trust the skyline to do its job and mine does it no problem

the awd kicks in when you put your foot down it is almost instant and it is noticeable, but dont floor it in wet when going round ,roundabouts your **** will be out for sure. but in the dry i have no problems with traction even on bends.,.,., hope this helps,.,.,.,.,.,

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
R32 FLOYD said:
I raced my brothers sapphire cossie and thats rwd my r32 kicked his **** in wet the awd drive kicked in and away i went, i have no fear in the wet as i trust the skyline to do its job and mine does it no problem

the awd kicks in when you put your foot down it is almost instant and it is noticeable, but dont floor it in wet when going round ,roundabouts your **** will be out for sure. but in the dry i have no problems with traction even on bends.,.,., hope this helps,.,.,.,.,.,
That about sums it up. In a straight line in the wet you're okay but you need to be careful round bends. In the dry round bends the ATTESA will allow you to apply power without understeer. In the wet, you pay for that ability a little. I wonder if the faster acting ATTESA ETS-Pro versions are better in this respect though?????

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
A Skylab controller gets around the tail happy stuff and is fully adjustable so don't worry about it. It is quite superb the way the GT-R does things and it is very natural. If you are coming from a powerful Scoob you will be used to the bit of understeer when powering out of a corner hard, you don't so much even in a more powerful GT-R which tends IMHO to make the GT-R feel more natural.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
ChavHater said:
but I understand it goes from rwd to awd when loosing traction???
Not necessarily when losing traction. If i boot my R32 GTR in a straight line, the 'front torque' meter responds indicating that drive is being applied to all four wheels under acceleration load, but no wheelspin or traction loss is noticable..

After owning five Imprezas, i have to say i feel much more at ease with the Skylines handling when cornering, i.e. more rear end out action until ATTESA kicks in than the nightmare of the Scooby's understeer...

Once you've lost control of a Scooby to understeer, you are very lucky to get it back... as a lamp post near my house found out a few years ago.

·
R35 Section manager
11,166 Posts
I owned 3 Subaru Imprezas before owning my Gtr 33.When I first had my Gtr,I hated it!
I almost crashed it twice in the space of 2 weeks.They are nothing like Subarus,but once understood-they will shine in there own class.
Andy (R32 Combat) sold me one of his Torque split contollers-Which allowed the car to be driven more like a Subaru!
I would rate the controller as the best mod I have ever fitted.....

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
TREG said:
I owned 3 Subaru Imprezas before owning my Gtr 33.When I first had my Gtr,I hated it!
What are your thoughts about it now? Compared to the Scooby?

·
R35 Section manager
11,166 Posts
I was ready to go back to a scooby,untill Andys Torque controller had been fitted! I then had a car faster than a Scooby,better handling and best of all hardly anyone knows what a Gtr is!!-How many Scoobs do you spot on the road these days-Bloody hundreds!!!
My advice would be,buy a Gtr,but do not drive it as you would your Scooby.
Not untill you have a torque split controller from R32 Combat!!!
The power in the Gtr is much greater from 80mph upwards,than the Impreza!(That was in stage 1 form-Im now on stage 2!)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
TREG said:
I was ready to go back to a scooby,untill Andys Torque controller had been fitted! I then had a car faster than a Scooby,better handling and best of all hardly anyone knows what a Gtr is!!-How many Scoobs do you spot on the road these days-Bloody hundreds!!!
My advice would be,buy a Gtr,but do not drive it as you would your Scooby.
Not untill you have a torque split controller from R32 Combat!!!
The power in the Gtr is much greater from 80mph upwards,than the Impreza!(That was in stage 1 form-Im now on stage 2!)
how much are these torque splitter controllers?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
TREG said:
The power in the Gtr is much greater from 80mph upwards,than the Impreza!
Absolutely..Scooby is running out of puff when GTR is just getting going above that speed :)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
It is the best mod for the money ever :bowdown1: .

·
R35 Section manager
11,166 Posts
Faz Choudhury said:
i may need to get in touch with him then...

easy to fit?

I paid Andy a little extra to fit it for me.But I know there are several chaps on here that did it themselves:wavey:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts