GTR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
i went rk tuning and had splitter put on, oh the fun i can have now, and i know my optimum settin for crisp launches to :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You don't need to fit to torque split controller you just need to learn to drive the GTR the way it's meant to be driven and not try and drive it like your last car.

I also went from a Subaru to my R33 and then onto the R34 and also tried to drive the car like a Subaru and learnt a lesson ....... (no damage)........once you learn to drive it like it was intended there' s no need for a torque controller to make it a fast car.

Saying that. The torque controller makes things more constant, and so in turn easier to get used to. From what I can understand though, having it set to a constant split isn't good for the 4wd clutch setup............not sure if that's true, was just a comment from a couple of tuners.......

All in all, I don't think anyone who drives a (to use your terms) good stage 1 car will ever look at WRX's and EVO's the same again...........different beasts.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
canman said:
You don't need to fit to torque split controller you just need to learn to drive the GTR the way it's meant to be driven and not try and drive it like your last car.

I also went from a Subaru to my R33 and then onto the R34 and also tried to drive the car like a Subaru and learnt a lesson ....... (no damage)........once you learn to drive it like it was intended there' s no need for a torque controller to make it a fast car.

Saying that. The torque controller makes things more constant, and so in turn easier to get used to. From what I can understand though, having it set to a constant split isn't good for the 4wd clutch setup............not sure if that's true, was just a comment from a couple of tuners.......

All in all, I don't think anyone who drives a (to use your terms) good stage 1 car will ever look at WRX's and EVO's the same again...........different beasts.

Just my 2 cents.
Would it be better to go from a supra to a skyline like me?
I had 300 on the rear wheels and I'm looking to buy a GTR early next year.

Oh and you've got a V-spec II, Got any pics?:)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Personal opinion is that you have the same issue going from 2WD to GTR as you do from 4WD to GTR...........

You have to drive it differently to both 2WD and 4WD if you want to get the most out of it, but the reality is that they're too quick for most people without needing to go anywhere near the limits of the car really.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with a GTR so don't hold back......... they've got sooooo much potential that even if it doesn't do what you want, it can be made to do whatever you're after.

I've got some pics taken for a magazine shoot a year or so ago...... go here http://f1.cafe150.com

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks for the comments, but there are plenty of very nice GTR's around in the UK now....... I'm sure it'll be easier for you to see them in the flesh :D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
canman said:
Thanks for the comments, but there are plenty of very nice GTR's around in the UK now....... I'm sure it'll be easier for you to see them in the flesh :D
R34GTR's are quite rare. And with all the new laws in england my choice of place to move would be new zealand.

Any bad points about the country?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Don't like hijacking threads so I'll make this my last post.

I love it here. Especially coming from the UK to here you can't go wrong. Almost 3 to 1 exchange rate. You'll get a nice 3 bedroom house mortgage free for less than 150,000 quid.................... mine was just over 100,000 quid !

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
canman said:

I love it here. Especially coming from the UK to here you can't go wrong. Almost 3 to 1 exchange rate. You'll get a nice 3 bedroom house mortgage free for less than 150,000 quid.................... mine was just over 100,000 quid !
Ok. Im new but learning.

cheers mate

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi im new to this, i just recently brought a Skyline GTR R34 babyside blue and i love it, i brought it of auto trader but im new to it all and never had such a fast car, the last car i had was a ford ka, it's costing me a fortune on the insurance but i am going to join it on to my old mans insurance to get the price down is that such a good idea? i need a lot of training to use this skyline LOL , and tips or anything would be great thank you x

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

awww mate please stop your making me sick - I'm in the process of digging a good animation job out in newzealand - I'm half tempted to sell up the house here then turn to the lass and say "fancy nz?" :(

21 - 33 of 33 Posts