GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All car went in for service yesterday at Middlehursts. I had a few problems to address:
1. Rattly door
2. Oxidisation of rear under tray
3. Marks etc on passenger side door trim and centre console around gear selector.

John at Middlehurst was great (obviously he had to contact warranty to get authorisation) he diagnosed rattly door said this would be ok and thought undertray would be fine but was instantly confident the interior marks would be classed as wear and tear by Nissan . My car is 12 months old and covered 9045 miles only. I politely explained that if my car had done 40k miles we would not be having this conversation however with the low miles I felt that the finish is not resilient enough. John said he would let warranty know and we would take it from there. I was then shown to my Duke Loan car which I instantly noticed had done 35k miles and looked to have had a very hard life to my surprise the finish on all the plastic interior items showed no signs of knocks bangs or scrapes!!
Needless to say as John predicted warranty claim refused on interior parts. So I now have nissan CS number and have made the call to complain. So will update as to how I go. Will upload pictures later.

Any one else had any joy from Nissan regards this problem??

Rick

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi All car went in for service yesterday at Middlehursts. I had a few problems to address:
1. Rattly door
2. Oxidisation of rear under tray
3. Marks etc on passenger side door trim and centre console around gear selector.

John at Middlehurst was great (obviously he had to contact warranty to get authorisation) he diagnosed rattly door said this would be ok and thought undertray would be fine but was instantly confident the interior marks would be classed as wear and tear by Nissan . My car is 12 months old and covered 9045 miles only. I politely explained that if my car had done 40k miles we would not be having this conversation however with the low miles I felt that the finish is not resilient enough. John said he would let warranty know and we would take it from there. I was then shown to my Duke Loan car which I instantly noticed had done 35k miles and looked to have had a very hard life to my surprise the finish on all the plastic interior items showed no signs of knocks bangs or scrapes!!
Needless to say as John predicted warranty claim refused on interior parts. So I now have nissan CS number and have made the call to complain. So will update as to how I go. Will upload pictures later.

Any one else had any joy from Nissan regards this problem??

Rick
Good luck with Nissan customer care, when I had to deal with them it seemed like they where all in training to become politicians, no definitive answers ever. Honestly if you told them the sky is blue and the grass is green they would not agree with you.

·
Vendor
1,709 Posts
Good luck but I doubt they will cover. They do scratch really easily hence the popularity of my carbon dipped interior panels. Even the silver earlier models were as bad but hid them a touch due to the colour. I assume yours are the darker coloured ones.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck but I doubt they will cover. They do scratch really easily hence the popularity of my carbon dipped interior panels. Even the silver earlier models were as bad but hid them a touch due to the colour. I assume yours are the darker coloured ones.
Hi audio yes seen your bits they look really good def on the list if I keep the car long term.

Yes John at Middlehursts said the early cars hide it better.

Rick

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was actually told at a Nissan dealer recently that the centre console had a weak finish, the car I test drove had some carbon wrap over the console (fitted by previous owner), to be honest I think fake carbon is complete naff but perhaps black vinyl wrap would be an idea? I think black vinyl would probably look OEM.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
As I'm the only owner of the car I can assure you I have been very careful thanks Graham.
Those pictures, look like chips in the paint like from keys and so on.

Mine has been covered in vinyl since 1200 miles, but had no chips beforehand.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had mine for 12,000 miles now and no chips like that on my center console trim.. I have found that it is very easily scratched tho..

I am fairly careful anyway and keep sharp things away from the gear selector housing.. Although i have dropped water all over it once and pretty much submerged the start stop button :nervous:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Do you have many passengers BigRick? The marks are probably caused by the passenger belting up and letting the seatbelt clip hit the centre console. I usually put my arm over the plastic when I have a new passenger because they all seem to pull it too hard. They also scratch the cill with their shoes when getting in and out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not debating how the chips etc have been caused am sure some could have been caused by the seatbelt (Trev)of by keys(Graham) or any number of things.
My point is its a car and internal and external finishes should be resilient enough to withstand a certain amount of traffic without looking like crap. The Nissan duke I had for the day had 35k on the clock and had been very roughly treated yet its interior plastics were in perfect condition. If they can put a resilient finish in a duke then why not a GTR.

My rear diffuser should be resilient enough to handle uk weather yet it has gone white. Nissan are replacing that!!!!!

Whats the difference not a lot in my book and you are all entitled to see it a different way thats your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts