GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PICS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY (there is a small project thread on here, I will look it out) AT WORK RIGHT NOW.
PRICE £8200 but open to offers. Please read

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/177641-cocky-blob.html

I'm currently at a T junction right now. This is my 4th STI and I have gotten a little bored of chasing power all the time and to get to the 600bhp mark I have a long way to go. I also really miss the gtr I had and wish I hadn't sold it now. I'm coming back to the GTR family but I am going for a big spec one this time, something that is ready and needing nothing for me to hit my target. I still love this subaru though, the looks, the power and the feel so I'm giving the sale of my car until around Feb to sell. If I still have it after that period I will be sending it to Braveheart Racing Developments for a 2.1 conversion and that's me done. The turbo is good for over 500bhp which is good enough for me. I know everybody says the tuning bug never lets go but I'm 33 now and I intend to take a break at least, spend some more quality time with my wife, go out for dinner a bit more, stuff like that.

2003 53 plate subaru impreza wrx sti type uk 450bhp (estimated)
I have the old dyno showing 407bhp on the RCM400 turbo, I now have a bigger better turbo.
wr blue
60k (its my daily so it will go up)
full service history
good clean example of a fine car

mods

Exterior:
Front splitter
Bonnet Brazeir
Sti mud flaps
rear spoiler delete
HT Auto spats
HT Auto wide side skirt attachments
5mm wheel spacer for a wide track look

Rota drifts 9.5j 18" alloys

Suspension:
STi strut brace
KYB Ultra SR Gas Shockers
Prodrive lowering springs
Suspension and geometry all re set by Pro Grip with a fast road set up.

Paddle 6 clutch (less than 3k on it)
6 spd gearbox in perfect condition (gear oil change done a couple of months ago)
Engine oil recently changed (millers nano drive)

Interior:
Pioneer single din head unit with rear sub
Oil temp, Oil pressure & Boost guage in a central pod

Engine:
Semi closed deck block
BRD BIG BILLET CUSTOM TURBO, good for around 500bhp less than 500miles
New hybrid turbo specs
Brd t60-1 billeted turbo
Oil and water cooled
The turbine is custom as is the exhaust housing
HKS Billet trust wheel gt30 front tdo6 rear machined to match
new oil and water feed lines
New gaskets and a braided oil feed aswell
rear turbine wheel , compressor wheel and compressor housing matched and machined to fit
Front cover is a 2.5 inch greddy cover so standard type intake hose can be used.
BRD Ported headers mid pipe and up pipe
The core is an mhi unit with billet thrust bearing and moddified oil flinger
Scoobyworx 56mm turbo inlet
ASH Intake pipe
De capped 650cc injectors
Samco extreme coolant hoses
Itg Maxogen Filter
Revolution 3" system ( nice and quiet until you give it some pressure )
Revolution 3" Big mouth down pipe
Prodrive 3 port boost solenoid
scoobyworx 290lph fuel pump (mice and silient)
ECU - Autronic sm4 pnp ecu with A/L & HI/Low boost on switches ( still have stock ecu )
HDI Fmic
new drop links
Roger Clark Cool Panel
Porbably more which i have lost track of

All modification have been fitted by Andy Kindon/BRD & GI MS

1.2 Bar the car runs around 400bhp
1.6 Bar the car runs 450bhp/401lbft (Was mapped on RR by Andrew Carr & Chris @ GI MOTORSPORT)

It's a very fast car, very solid and actually nice to drive on the motorway. The clutch is great for launches but takes a few days to get used to when parking but fine around town. Its my 4th newage Subaru STI and my 3rd Blobeye so if I'm honest, I've lost a little love and feel I need to move away. It is however a great car and pulls and pulls through all the gears. There are no strange nosies, no rattles or warning lights or leaks anywhere. Underneath is in good condition as well.
I had a fast road geometry set up by progrip a few months ago, the car drives straight and true.
I've spent just over 3k in the past year and I have all receipts. I do this a lot. Spend a fortune and then sell due to the car spending so much time getting mods fitted that you don't get to drive it.
Its had the front drop links replaced recently.
Always run on T99 momentum and occassionally vpower and I have a glove box full of receipts for proof.
The overall condition of the car is good. I keep the paint work polished and waxed.
No rust anywhere.
Clean and tidy interior
No leaks in the boot
It will come with a 12 month warranty
Taxed until arount April
The car has been running this power for around 1 year now.

Bad bits.
I've kept the car is as good condition as possible but the front scoop has some bad paint chipping so this would need painted. The boot also needs painted due to the rear spoiler being removed which left the usual rust. The rust has been properly repaired and the holes filled in and I painted it myself. I did a good enough job painting the boot to put it at the back of my wish list. If the asking price is met then I will have these issues fixed.
Front break pads need replaced soon. They are ok for now.
Some stone chips on the front as expected

I'm putting the car up for 8.2k. It cost me around 7.5k when I bought it all in but I've since had a brand new turbo built and fitted by John of BRD, new wheels/tyres, inlet, oil changes, HT Auto kit, fuel pump, 3 remaps etc etc etc. all in around 3k so its a fair price. I'm in no rush to sell but I am open to offers or P/X on either an r32 or r33 gtr. I may even take another car but only at slightly better than trade prices as I will just be selling it on. If I haven't sold by Feb then I will just keep it for the summer.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice motor and a lovely spec.
Not sure about the wheels.

My big spec 33 is almost ready lol
shame it wasnt the spec you were told by the previous owner.

These wheels are most exellent :D I really like the look but they are pretty easy to sell, very popular.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Agreed but some people have no morale or values.

If anything it's a much improved spec now.

I recently sold my 2004 sti uk in the same colour, very enjoyable/usable cars.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It handles the power very well. I had it on a supra road trip and it did not disappoint.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The scoop will be fixed now as I made it worse while washing the car.
Price is £7900 with a fresh mot and I will arrange for the boot to be proffessionally painted and a new spare set of pads.

Getting a lot of offers from the usual lot but then they don't call back.

I'm still after a 32/33 GTR

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a shot of a 2.1 sti yesterday. Can't believe how much difference it makes. Decisions decisions

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does this sound dodgy ?

I was given £100 deposit and arranged with the buyer to collect on the 6th. Ive since had 3 calls today saying he is only able to pick up tomorrow now and will only pay via paypal but as a cash gift.
I told him I wouldnt accept money other than a non refunable bank transfer. I had a slightly poor opinion of him and his friend anyway as they were sketchy about the dealership they own but since they left a cash deposit I figured that I dont need to like the person thats buying my car.
Anyway I can see this going pear shaped.
I use paypal all the time but not for this amount of money

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His friend has been pestering me as well and being quite rude. I said cash then and they said they wont bring that amount of cash. Paypal have said its gift allowance is 3k.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Does this sound dodgy ?

I was given £100 deposit and arranged with the buyer to collect on the 6th. Ive since had 3 calls today saying he is only able to pick up tomorrow now and will only pay via paypal but as a cash gift.
I told him I wouldnt accept money other than a non refunable bank transfer. I had a slightly poor opinion of him and his friend anyway as they were sketchy about the dealership they own but since they left a cash deposit I figured that I dont need to like the person thats buying my car.
Anyway I can see this going pear shaped.
I use paypal all the time but not for this amount of money
Sounds über dodgy - only release car on banks confirmation of cleared funds

·
Registered
269 Posts
Don't accept PayPal for that amount. Even after they've transferred it, it can still be rejected meaning you will be without a car and without money. Would demand bank transfer or cheque, release of vehicle upon cleared payment.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts