GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted a Blitz Nur R Exhaust to my GTS and am suffering a distinct lack of go. The surge that came in at about 4500 now happens at about 6000rpm + and it seems flat through the range. As the revs increase it starts to go and then seems to go flat, the whole process then starts again.

Has anyone suffered the same problem? I'm at a loss andd slightly pissed off.

John

·
Registered
515 Posts
Maybe time for a remap

I seem to remember you telling me you had boost and air/fuel controllers? Maybe time to change plugs and get a remap? Call Nana at Option ask see what he thinks. They're at Silverstone, so only a 5 minute drive for you! 01327 858555

James

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got boost control. No difference with it switched out though.

I'm just wondering if the fact that I changed the battery at the same time might just have some significance as it would have reset the ecu.

John

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
boost

check to see what your new boost level is with the improved flow from the exhaust you are probably overboosting and the ecu is cutting back
gary

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same prob.

Yeah John i am having the same problem, ive got a downpipe, decat,and cat back system and induction kit+abbey ecu.My car has the same lack of mid range anybody got any idea as to what parts i need to fit to cure the problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have all mods done at once, or bit by bit?

My trouble only started after the exhaust was replaced from the cat bypass back which would point to drop in back pressure.

Have you spoken to Tony about it? The car is due a service and I was thinking of taking it down to Abbey but won't if there isn't anything they can do.

The car goes better with the removable baffle in the exhaust.

It's very dissapointing to have parted with around 600 squid for a reduction in performance.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just to add further confusion, when I bought my standard GTS-T, the first round of mods included the following:

Apex induction kit, Trust MX front pipe, Trust TR Power Evolution exhaust and HKS Iridium Plugs. The Trust exhaust was non-Jasma and hence bolted directly to the front pipe and hence the CAT was junked. Pipework from turbo back was 80mm=>95mm=> 130mm tailpipe (I think).

The results were very impressive as performance was much improved, never experienced any probs with torque loss.

Talat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts