GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what others are getting in mileage from the OEM Brakes?

Mine has done 12,000 miles and not been on a track and I have done the last 8000 miles which has some occasional spirited driving but nothing hard on braking, never had brake fade for example.. Also the original Dunlop RF managed 10,000 miles and changed with about 3mm left on them which would indicate the car hadn’t been driven too hard.

Then one day last week suddenly from nowhere after braking a couple of times and the brakes were warm there was a juddering through the steering wheel and brake peddle and this came from no where and went as soon as the brakes cooled down again. This now comes back everytime the brakes are warm and goes again as soon as they have cooled.

My previous experience of when discs have warped on other cars is they gradually start to Judder and get worse and worse until they get changed, however the Judder gets worse and worse when the discs are getting hotter and then the Judder vanishes as soon as they are cooled again.

My last GTR had 20,000 miles on when I sold it and this was still on original discs and pads, hence 12,000 seems a bit low.

Any ideas? Or was I just lucky with the last GTR with getting so many miles out of the brakes? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've had OEM brakes on my first 4 GTR's and never changed them until I did 4 track days on one of the cars.

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
Check to see if there are cracks around the drilled holes if they are oem discs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts