GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to get my car dyno'd soon. can anyone suggest the most accurate/good rolling road in the south east of england?
i saw the r33 dyno day at tuning japanese article in jap performance mag, do i take it that this is the place to go?
ive never been to a rolling road, or done a 'dyno day', and dont want things going bang:D

any suggestions are gratefully recieved
cheers guys:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
hi could you tell me
where do you buy jap perforace mag
ive been looking for a mag like that or of the jap touring nature
for ages and no luck
cheers
gus,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wh smiths mate. they do banzai, jap performance etc.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hi
Never had my car on a dyno untill this year.
Its a scary thing watching your car rev to the red line and not going anywhere with somebody else driving.
But Tim at Tuning Jap was very good and I would not hesitate taking my car back there.
Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guy:)
so for example, if someone like abbey wanted to do a dyno, thats where they'd take the car?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
My car detonated on the dyno at TJ and had the run aborted (don't ask what was wrong with it!). The car survived and when it is sorted, I will be going back for another go. Therefore I would not hesitate to recommend them for your car.
Dave

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I've had car's dyno'd at Power Engineering. Merv and his guys are top nothc fellas but even they admitted it was difficult to dyno a GTR.

Cem

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help fellas, looks like a trip to tuning japanese very soon:)
incidentally, in what respect would things be different if a bhp figure was achieved on a 2wd rolling road, say used for setting up the boost? what needs to be done to the car to be able to do this?
if it were running in 2wd mode, would the bhp figure be higher or lower, or about the same?
cheers guys:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guy, thats good advice:)
the car is only going on a 2wd rolling road to set the boost up, check emissions etc.
the real test i suppose will be at tuning japanese, or perhaps a dyno shootout if theres one in the very near future.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
turbo boost

spudgun you would be better to set your boost on the road
because on a dyno you do not get any wind drag that you would get when driving hard on the road.

keith

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
made some good progress today:)
boost was set up(on the road), then it went down to the rr to see what was happening.
the car made 490bhp @7000rpm........then the clutch couldnt take anymore and was slipping:rolleyes:
nevermind, i'm getting a new clutch now....then we'll see what she can really do. the talk is now of 570bhp...heres hoping:smokin:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
rolling road

hi spudgun you will not get over 550 bhp with 550cc injectors
well that is unless you want to maybe blow your engine to bits.

i am running the RB25 80mm airflow meters to help with the amount of boost as the std ones are not up to the job at this point in tuning.

our cars are almost the same spec we will see what my car makes when i get the engine run in.
800 miles to go CAN NOT WAIT

KEITH

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
keith
to be honest, anything well over 500 bhp, i'll be satisfied...for now.
i was hoping for 550bhp, so when the clutch is done, anything near that is alright by me. as for 560-570bhp, perhaps optomistic as you say, but who knows. one thing ive always stressed to the tuners, it MUST be safe and reliable. i would rather have less bhp than everything go bang.
guy
it was run on a 2wd rolling road, done as u suggested. it was PURELY for the benefit of the tuners really, to check emissions etc.
i'm pretty new to skylines, and indeed rolling roads.
the real test i suppose will be a dyno day or something like that, or in the near future, when the clutch is in, i can go to tuning japanese.
in the meantime, i'm happy with the way its going, although its a shame about having to upgrade the clutch.
i use this car every day, can anyone suggest a 'user friendly' one, and doesnt require me to have legs like schwarzenegger:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts